Paul Palmer's conversions

Nice work Paul.............I'm currently messing around with another Britains JD model and I cant figure out why they cant match the paint on the metal with the green plastic!   Every JD model since the last decent one (7930) have been two tone appearance.   How much extra would it have cost them to make the whole bonnet metal like the 7930s.

• Like 1

It's artificial light which seems to bring it out.  My JCB 3C looks fine in daylight, but then by night when the light is on the plastic unpainted bonnet sticks out like a sore thumb.  It didn't seem as prominent on Deeres to me but I don't have any nowadays.  Though have been thinking of getting Siku 6210R to fiddle with.

50 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

This is the sort of conversion that you really excel at Paul, it could be a match for your  hedge trimmer convo.

Ive often thought of doing one as they are used 12 months per year and anyone of my wheeled model fleet could be stuck on the front of it.

thankyou Phil,as you say,its an implement that gets plenty of use

Edited by Paul Palmer

britains john deere 3640,just having the wheels sprayed,they will be sprayed tomorrow with jd paint,driver put in and numberplate will be made,i bought a 3650 from ebay but recieved the 3640,i cant be bothered to send it back

john deere 3640 001.JPG

john deere 3640 002.JPG

john deere 3640 003.JPG

john deere 3640 004.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Trouble is if your to heavy handed trying to get the bonnet off you end up breaking the mounting points off the chassis.

the roof was quite loose to start with Mark,i could not move the bonnet,and i would have just broke something anyway

Edited by Paul Palmer

11 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

the roof was quite loose to start with Mark,i could not move the bonnet,and i would have just broke something anyway

The bonnets are tricky if you are trying not to damage paintwork. 

How did you find the front wheels in the end? Some are easy, but some are a nightmare, last two  I did I ended up damaging the hubs. Painting them though makes a massive difference. You will be pleased, its such a great model. 

Edited by alf aphid

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

The bonnets are tricky if you are trying not to damage paintwork. 

How did you find the front wheels in the end? Some are easy, but some are a nightmare, last two  I did I ended up damaging the hubs. Painting them though makes a massive difference. You will be pleased, its such a great model. 

i used long nosed pliers with tape wrapped round the hub,come off quite easy Alf,thanks for the info

9 hours ago, Wayne D said:

Looking good Paul, are the new front tyres the old school Britains tyres that they used for years and years? :) 

thanks Wayne,no they are just a pair i had in my spares box,dont know what they came off,just that they are uh ones and look better than the originals

• Like 1