Marge Models

Janval

I know it's a bit far off, but is anyone familiar with the 8730 or 8830 being available? 

My uncle got his hands on one of them from spain earlier this year actually. I've been searching a lot for it on google but haven't found anything. Would appreciate any leads :)

I haven't seen any available for a while now but you are more likely to find an 8730. the last time I saw any for sale I bought all 3 that were available for that reason. The TW's and the county are becoming hard to find as well.

Did they used to turn up in the M&M auctions or is that tw's and  10 series?

I know that store in spain only had one left, I think it was an 8730 if I'm remembering correctly. I've seen some TW's and the county for sale several places (I know scalefarm has the county gold version on reduced price these days), but I think gen 2 might be the hardest ones to track down nowadays. Gen 1 is available, at least from France and some other locations I think. Gen 2 are the prettiest ones in my opinion though. 

Never tried those auctions, does it work like ebay with payment via paypal? I've seen several old links on google, 8830's and 8730's sold dirt cheap there.

I've actually found the 8730 in Hungary, tried sending them an e-mail a while back - didn't get any response. It is available for order, free shipping and payment upon pickup. Might consider that, but it will cost me about £102.

Worth it? It's really a lot more than I'm normally comfortable with spending on a model though.

Personally I wouldn't pay that, but that is personal choice. I can't see them making that money if one  comes up on eBay. Have you tried emailing marge models to see if they know if any available. 

I agree with you on that one. No, but I know my uncle emailed them when he was looking around for his (I wrote that he found the 8730, my mistake, checked with him and it was actually the 8830). They could not believe that there was anything left available, they asked him where he got it etc. So I wouldn't imagine that they're aware of anything, by their response it really seemed like they believed that everything was sold out (meaning all their previous models of Ford).

Keep in mind though, that the price i wrote above is included my calculated 25% VAT on import, additional charges for customs may also occur. Usually new models like this from shops abroad hits the selling price of new ones from Norwegian stores real quick. Unless there is a discount going on, which is usually what I'm looking for.

Basically, I live in the wrong country in regard to this hobby :- Shipping alone costs a small fortune, about £16 for 1kg packages inland, and from there it rises quickly.

Just got offered to buy a Ford 8830 from a retailer,  seems to be "the last one" since no one else has it in stock. I've asked pretty much everyone. I've got it on hold for the moment though, the price is quite steep, I know what it sold for originally, and I've seen them go for a fair price on various auctions a couple of years back, but I guess it's supply and demand right now since there were only 500 made.

99 euros + 40 euros shipping. Upon customs I can add 25% VAT and a smaller customs fee on it as well. So, quite the price in my opinion. 

Plenty Marge TWs knocking around still !!  I spose subbing in a TW instead of a 30 Series is outa the question or how about a UH 30 Series . It's not as good as the Marge but with a few mods you could make it look the part !. :-

It's a alot for sure! But then again, how many is left of that particular model out of the 500 made. I guess the guy who runs the business knows this as well, and he does not have to let it go cheap if he doesn't want to. The TW's are pretty awesome as well, but it's just something about those 30 series. Just wish I had begun collecting models at that time :D Marge is certainly something, I love the 7610 gen 1 that I have, got that one for 29 euros which was quite a decent deal I think. 

A little update, ordered the 8830, got quite lucky as my brother was heading over to stay in Netherlands. So the model could be shipped to the hotel he stayed at - which reduced the possible costs by a 100 euros or so :) Really happy about this, even though it's more than I usually spend I figured it was worth it since it's a really rare model!

Shoutout to T-toys Nazareth for the excellent service provided :) 

10 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Pleased you found the model Jan. I had hoped marge would continue with the ford line, but unfortunately it looks like they have gone down the new tractor route. 

I'm a bit disappointed with that myself, it would be great to see some more classic Fords be made by them. As well as different brands, the detail is just so stunning.
I'm quite fond of the vicon acrobat rake as well (have one of those in real size at home!). All those new tractors - don't really interest me that much neither. I'm all about those classic machines. 

But I have to agree with you, seems like they're going that "new" direction from now on.

2 hours ago, Janval said:

I'm a bit disappointed with that myself, it would be great to see some more classic Fords be made by them. As well as different brands, the detail is just so stunning.
I'm quite fond of the vicon acrobat rake as well (have one of those in real size at home!). All those new tractors - don't really interest me that much neither. I'm all about those classic machines. 

But I have to agree with you, seems like they're going that "new" direction from now on.

I had hoped that they would at least have made the rest of the TW series seing as they had the correct cabs already and then maybe the rest of the 10 series, we will have to settle for making our own, or getting someone else to, for now. 

I have the marge acrobat and the fella rake and they are lovely models, the new class tedder is on my shopping list for this summer. 

9 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I had hoped that they would at least have made the rest of the TW series seing as they had the correct cabs already and then maybe the rest of the 10 series, we will have to settle for making our own, or getting someone else to, for now. 

I have the marge acrobat and the fella rake and they are lovely models, the new class tedder is on my shopping list for this summer. 

I'm still holding out on the acrobat, it get's a bit costly unfortunately. £45-50 + shipping (this varies a bit, but can be quite expensive from some shops). And then of course the 25% VAT and import charges. Would quickly rise above £80 or so. 

As long as any order from abroad goes over about £34 then the import charges and VAT kicks in (on the total amount), plus shipping to Norway is really expensive (From most locations, UK is often very reasonable though).

Archived