UH Ford 7610 1st gen 4wd

Steve P

Me too, just removed it from its box and it looks ok to me, i grew up on a britains only diet so i dont mind slight deviations from the real thing. I worked alot with 10 series fords during the late 80s just after i left school so i have some affection for the old beasts and i think the UH ones are pretty good reproductions at a reasonable price.

2 minutes ago, Steve P said:

See what you mean there, think gen 1s came out on the old 600 series rims, but i have seen gen 1s fitted with the later style rears.

The Gen 1s with those rears were probably not original . UH uses the rims from the 7810 on this model . You may get away with it on a 7610 . But the also use these on the 5610 ,6610 etc which us all wrong . The one thing I do like about the UH model is the bonnet and decals .  I think the cab roof looks too big on the cab frame . Personally I would take the Marge version over UH one in terms of the Gen 1 Fords . But with the Gen 2 & 3 it's it's UH for looks , but Marge for detail .

marge has the same rear wheels Justin,also for me,the marge exhaust has no rain cap on their straight exhaust,and their rear roof lights stick out to much,but thats only my view,models have come on leaps and bounds and to be nit picking the 2 things i have noted are hardly worth mentioning,again wheels are allways a difficult subject,and you are right the uh bonnet and decals are better than the marge

MM1102-2.jpg

Personally i think the UH ones look better then the marge examples, i agree with the cab roof Justin but i dont think it spoils the model overall, personally i dont like the wheels on the marge ones, look a bit plasticy "if theres such a word!" to me and the front wheels look a little too big in proportion to the rest of the model, in a similar way to the UH 2 wheel drive 10 series as i think the front wheels look too small. Its all down to personal taste really.

I personally think the marge versions have the edge over the uh ones mainly because of the realistic linkage and opening doors, but both are great models. The Sankey/600 series type rear wheels were only fitted to the early q cab (or gen 1 as uh and marge incorrectly call them) my q cab '86 7610 has the later dished rear centres which were fitted to it from new. The front wheels on both the uh and marge gen I (>:() are incorrect, too big on the marge and too wide on the uh and on both the style of centre is wrong, that type was only used on force II and gen III. Fit the uh wheels to a force II marge however and you have near perfection. Of course it is down to personal preference, we are lucky to have the choice of fairly cheap options from two manufacturers. 

Guest tedroosevelt21

obviously not too much knowledge of the real tractors here! universal hobbies have used a force 11 flat deck cab  on a generation 1 7610 a major difference.  The generation 1  q cab was straddle mount  with column change gear shift. universal hobbies have also used flat deck  force 11 interior in its cab where it should be a straddle mount interior so that is a major mistake so the mistake is a bit more important than just wheels the whole damn cab is wrong.  generation 1 10 series had zf front axles not carraro axles as used by universal hobbies  i know these tractors inside out done all the courses and all gear box modifications and more short engines than i care to remember

So there we have it, wrong wheels, wrong axle, wrong cab interior and may i add also wrong exhaust, still a nice looking model and im happy with it, looking sweet parked next my gen 3 6410 and 7810 at the momnent .

1 minute ago, Steve P said:

So there we have it, wrong wheels, wrong axle, wrong cab interior and may i add also wrong exhaust, still a nice looking model and im happy with it, looking sweet parked next my gen 3 6410 and 7810 at the momnent .

as i said Steve,your happy with it and thats what counts

Well everyone has there own tastes . I myself have a UH 8830 .. It has it's faults also . But to me at the time it was a huge leap from the Britains  Powerfarm big Fords .. So I bought one . & I can be negative a lot towards UH ... But their 7810 is a gem . I was just never gone on their Gen 1s . But that's me . I'm no one to talk ... Don't I have a few Britains 5610s !!::)

Maybe a bit too much criticism of the model here, I'm sure if we looked at every model in our collections we could find fault with them all. In pleased you found one Steve, and it will look great sat beside your 64 and 78. 

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Points being raised here are correct, let's just remember opinions are like ars*holes, we have all got one.::)

Very true, and like a-holes, it is sometimes best to keep them to ourselves. ;D

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Very true, and like a-holes, it is sometimes best to keep them to ourselves. ;D

Well . This is kinda what the forum is about . Sharing each others opinions & views on models. Its good to get feedback from other members on models they may have bought . So to be fair. A good ol debate aint a bad thing. To be honest its what the forum is lacking off late . I think some members are half afraid to share their views for fear of getting criticism there after. Sure Martin . We can find a fault in nearly every model. But some have too many & are not worth the money. And the forum can be helpful in addressing this faults to collectors.

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Well . This is kinda what the forum is about . Sharing each others opinions & views on models. Its good to get feedback from other members on models they may have bought . So to be fair. A good ol debate aint a bad thing. To be honest its what the forum is lacking off late . I think some members are half afraid to share their views for fear of getting criticism there after. Sure Martin . We can find a fault in nearly every model. But some have too many & are not worth the money. And the forum can be helpful in addressing this faults to collectors.

Oh I agree with you Justin, however it would be great in a review of the model or if Steve had asked what people thought but in this case, in a wanted thread, I didn't think it was needed, I'm including myself in this as I put my penneth worth in too, I just thought that some of the comments went a bit too far. 

Guest tedroosevelt21

the model is so badly inaccurcurate has been proved  i personally wouldn't even touch it to do a review the only thing you can say about it is that it is a blue tractor.  a forum is a place for discussion .  Mr Steve P  LIKES AND ENJOYS the model  good for him and his collection everyones tastes are different.

Archived