Ros Fendt 718 vario tractor + challenger rogator 344 trailed sprayer

I like it in green I must say.

I suppose its all part of the marketing strategy using the Fendt brand with it being seen as 'premium'.  That a 724?  Considering retiring my MTX175 and replacing with one.

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, catkom3 said:

All you would need to complete that scene would be a Yara sensor for the roof.http://www.4wd-tractors.de/tkc/shop/artikeldetails.php?z=18&kat=TK Customs~Geräte&bez=Yara+N-Sensor

Regards

Joe.

Yara sensor.jpg

as not being a farm related worker only a modeller can I ask what a Yara sensor is and what it dose?

52 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

as not being a farm related worker only a modeller can I ask what a Yara sensor is and what it dose?

It takes a image of the crop canopy 10 times a second or summat daft and allows  the use of variable rate fertiliser, for example it detects where the lighter patches are that require more nitrogen and gives these more fertiliser and were the darker patches are it gives them slightly less to even the crop up, 

thats the best I can explain it but someone on here might use one so be able to tell you more 

• 2 weeks later...

My 718 arrived from Germany yesterday, it cost £59 including shipping so quite happy with that.

Now I would echo Bens assessment of it, superb detail and unlike UH & Schuco they've got the cab size and shape spot on.   The front lights, radiator etc and front and rear links are highlights for sure.

The one noticeable point is that there isn't hardly any metal on the model, its all plastic and I assume some form of carbon.  Its very light, very fragile and its not as well made as previous ROS models ive owned.  Mine arrived with one of the wingmirror light clusters smashed off at the stalk!!   Fortunately I'm pretty good at mending things and didn't fancy waiting 6 weeks for a replacement model.    I really like the new Fendt green and certainly wouldn't have bought the 718 if it was in that dull old colour.

The wheel detail is very good but as Bens says the tyres are very basic and have been filed in the dustbin!!    However I don't want wheel weights on my spraying tractor so I'm changing them for a set of Valtra T (UH version) which have the excellent Trelleborg tyres fitted to them...................these also fit perfectly on the ROS front rims which I'm keeping.

Obviously I'm going to have to spray all 4 wheels Fendt red to make sure they match and the model should be complete before xmas.

If I were to buy a second one I would only buy if I can physically pick up the box and check it out for breakages..................I also would line up some wheels and tyres too fit to it.............the rears with wheel weights would be fine with nice tyres and  724 decals on the bonnet which you can buy from Farm models NL.   By the way the front wheel hubs click back in place on mine once I had eased them off to reveal the screw holding the wheel in place and the rear wheels pulled apart eventually.  This means I can fairly easily remove the wheels and switch them for rowcrops and then switch them back for maize carting without having to glue the hubs in place.

I would give it 8.5 as well, if the build quality was better and the tyres and it would have scored 10

Heres some pics todate

P1060624.JPG

P1060625.JPG

P1060628.JPG

P1060631.JPG

in the past Ive pinched terminal screens from other models to put in ones like the 718....................Its a really nice model but to get it looking its best the buyer is going to have to do some conversion work on it......................And 99% of people who might buy one wont want to mess about with it.

I will put up some finished pics on this thread next weekend.

Here we go, I had to make a few mods to get her right but its definitely better than the UH and Schuco models Ive previously owned.

The rear wheels and all the tyres are off a Valtra T   Universal H.  model.....................And if you like the original wheels with rear wheel weights then these tyres fit them as well.

I had to move the front weight bracket forward by 5 mm due to the front link being too long.  Which was quick and easy.

I also adapted my Amazone fertilizer spreader to fit on the 718 which will be the models first job on the layout in January.

P1060643.JPG

P1060640.JPG

P1060642.JPG

P1060647.JPG

They are the new tyres on the original rims Ben.................................Just buy yourself a cheap Valtra T  UH model,  remove its tyres and swap them with the cr*p 718 originals mate.

The Valtra T tyres are probably the best ones UH have made todate on any of their tractor models,  top class!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A few pictures of my latest addition, the Ros  Fendt 720 Vario which will replace my existing 718 model reviewed earlier on this thread.  Basically I needed a few more ponies under the hood so upgraded:P...……………….Actually a combination of the neat little white Fendt window blind which takes away my attention from the horrible front windscreen design and the fact that many of the local Fendt 700 users have upgraded their early 2012/3 model 718s for new 720s persuaded me to change.

I still think this is easily the most accurate and detailed of the 700 series replicas, way better than the admittedly more robust UH version.

As you can see once again I changed the rear wheels and all four tyres plus a red respray as well.  Off came the naff exhaust numberplate and thankfully Ros have shortened the front linkage so that it now fits properly on the weight bracket.

Anyways the Fendt 718 is open to sensible offers so if your interested PM me:)

P1070936.JPG

P1070938.JPG

P1060644.JPG

Archived