Replicargi Internationals

Steve P

Been looking at the replicargi Intertnationals that are available with the possibility of purchasing one , they are nice looking models but european and not UK spec. Firstly what is the difference between these 2 specs, all i can see is the headlight position on the euro ones looks lower and obviously the model numbers, secondly what is the better choise out of the 845XL and the 856XL turbo or are they pretty much the same

It's not quite as simple as UK and Euro spec Stephen, but I'll try and explain the differences, hope you're not more confused after you read this than you were before! A true, UK international would be one built in Doncaster, such as the 74, 84 and 85 series, as you say the 84 and 85's had their headlights in the middle of the lower grill. International also had factories in France and Germany where the European tractors were built. However, some of these models were sold in this country and in large numbers too, notably the 55 series and later 56series which included the 856, 956 and 1056, as well as the 844, although production of the 844 was transferred to Doncaster in its latter years. The 55 and 56 series  tractors had a much heavier back-end then the British built ones and are easily identified by having two long gear levers on the right of the driver whereas the Doncaster tractors had the gear levers on the left. The 844 was one of the best selling tractors on the continent in its day and had a non-turbo 80 hp engine, the 856 had a slightly smaller displacement engine but was turbo'd to give 85 hp, and of the two was the livelier performer. It also had a slightly heavier duty clutch, but apart from that was a very similar tractor to the 844. The 845 was never sold in this country (I believe) but was a very similar tractor to the 844. All these continental tractors had their headlights in the lower part of the grill no matter where they were sold. Hope that isn't a too long winded an answer for you! As for the Replicagri Internationals, I have several in my collection and I would highly recommend them:)

Replicagri are good value alright. Next year I will be adding quiet a few of their tractors to my own collection . A few Renaults & Nashs will do nicely ..Maybe even a Fiat or 2 . Would like to pick up a 100-90 & a NH 8360 also.

• 1 year later...

Archived