wiking claas arion 450 with front loader

Paul Palmer

well lads and lasses,here is my first attempt at a review,so stick with me

the wiking claas arion 450 comes in the usual wiking packaging,although mine is in a dealer box,it is also available in the standard wiking box,its held in a polystyrene tray,so first good points,no wires or fiddly screws or ties to deal with,the tractor and loader is mainly diecast and is quite heavy,realistic tyres with the option to replace the tyres/wheels with narrow wheels available separately from wiking,the rear hubs are magnetic while the front hubs just push on,the model comes with a t shape screwdriver which fits the screws holding the wheels on and also fits the screws holding the loader on, loader is removable and held by just 2 screws,it is easily removed but a bit fiddly to put back on,the beacon is foldable as are the cab mirrors,other features are the right hand steps swing out revealing a pullout toolbox,realistic sprung front suspension,both doors and rear windows open,passenger seat is foldable,realistic front and rear linkage with the rear top link adjustable for length also the model comes with bucket and weight,and front loader stand,the overall detail is stunning and the price was £64.00,in my opinion a lot of model for the money,it also has a realistic turning circle,a feature some models lack,if it came complete with the narrow wheels/tyres I would have given it 10 out of 10,but that really is nit picking so I give it a 9.5 out of 10,i hope I haven't missed out anything

DSC00984.JPG

DSC00986.JPG

DSC00985.JPG

Great review Paul, I think the loader on yours lifts higher than mine.

I don't think its as nice looking as the bigger Arions, but its probably one of the very best functional models you can get.  I hope to get the narrow wheels and possibly some of the other attachments for it at some point,

A really good review Paul, looks a very nice model, typical Wiking quality, my problem is,....... I just can't get excited by Claas tractors unfortunately:( Maybe its because we don't see any in our neck of the woods?

Nice review Paul. Always good to hear a review on new models, espicially if it's something your interested in buying. 

Sounds like a great model and plenty of features and extras to make the price seem fair.  

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Great review Paul, I think the loader on yours lifts higher than mine.

I don't think its as nice looking as the bigger Arions, but its probably one of the very best functional models you can get.  I hope to get the narrow wheels and possibly some of the other attachments for it at some point,

cheers Joe,i don't usually buy the smaller ranges in the tractor ranges,but this will go nicely with a couple of claas implements I have,wonder why your loader doesn't lift as high?

33 minutes ago, Wayne D said:

Nice review Paul. Always good to hear a review on new models, espicially if it's something your interested in buying. 

Sounds like a great model and plenty of features and extras to make the price seem fair.  

thanks Wayne,im very pleased with it,might do a review on the claas arion 640 with loader

38 minutes ago, 844john said:

A really good review Paul, looks a very nice model, typical Wiking quality, my problem is,....... I just can't get excited by Claas tractors unfortunately:( Maybe its because we don't see any in our neck of the woods?

thanks John,i used to drive a claas atles,and before that the Renault ares which was rebranded as a claas,,but yes where I live you rarely see them about,but over in cornwall you see quite a few running around

7 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks John,i used to drive a claas atles,and before that the Renault ares which was rebranded as a claas,,but yes where I live you rarely see them about,but over in cornwall you see quite a few running around

I suppose it's all down to the local dealer, we have Rickerbys up in Northumberland which is about 30 miles away, but around us it's mainly red, blue and green due to the proximity of Massey, Case, New Holland and Deere outlets.:)

10 hours ago, 844john said:

I suppose it's all down to the local dealer, we have Rickerbys up in Northumberland which is about 30 miles away, but around us it's mainly red, blue and green due to the proximity of Massey, Case, New Holland and Deere outlets.:)

main dealers for claas down here are a company called Hamblys,they are at Launceston in cornwall,honiton in devon and they also have a couple more branches but cant remember where they are,one is somerset I think

Archived