Does show 2018

weblet375

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the DOE show on Wednesday,  very good as usual.................I tried to find Goodie but he had vanished with a customer somewhere to make yet another sale no doubt:D

The New Holland tent was bristling with new tractors and a lovely 9.90 combine.................. whereas the CASE tent wasn't so good this year, No small Pumas and no Quadtrac.  too many livestock tractors for my taste.   I'm wondering if the lack of Pumas means we are about to see a new bonneted versions at this months Paris show?    The Maxxum got the new front grill and twin lamps (like the Optum) at Agritechnica so the Puma, Magnum and Quady are next in line for a makeover...............personally I still like the Puma range as they are but change always happens.

As for models, I could have bought a Puma cvx 175 Red Power for £35 on sale at the show, or either version of the UH Quad 620 for £75!!!!   I didn't bother as I have a Red power 175 and the Quads too big for the layout.   Anyways some great kit on show and heres some pictures of the day:)

P1060805.JPG

P1060873.JPG

P1060809.JPG

P1060813.JPG

P1060814.JPG

P1060818.JPG

P1060822.JPG

P1060827.JPG

P1060830.JPG

P1060833.JPG

P1060834.JPG

P1060835.JPG

I was there between 10 and 12 on Wednesday David...................I only took my little Panasonic camera so I was quite discreet..................there were a few people with big cameras out on the plots, maybe you were one of them?

On a separate note I have just noticed how many of the tractors I photographed had yellow caps fitted to the end of their bar axles!   They look quite smart and Ive already fetched the yellow paint pot to convert the new Viper strykers metal bar:D

P1060823.JPG

P1060828.JPG

P1060872.JPG

P1060812.JPG

8 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I went to the DOE show on Wednesday,  very good as usual.................I tried to find Goodie but he had vanished with a customer somewhere to make yet another sale no doubt:D

The New Holland tent was bristling with new tractors and a lovely 9.90 combine.................. whereas the CASE tent wasn't so good this year, No small Pumas and no Quadtrac.  too many livestock tractors for my taste.   I'm wondering if the lack of Pumas means we are about to see a new bonneted versions at this months Paris show?    The Maxxum got the new front grill and twin lamps (like the Optum) at Agritechnica so the Puma, Magnum and Quady are next in line for a makeover...............personally I still like the Puma range as they are but change always happens.

As for models, I could have bought a Puma cvx 175 Red Power for £35 on sale at the show, or either version of the UH Quad 620 for £75!!!!   I didn't bother as I have a Red power 175 and the Quads too big for the layout.   Anyways some great kit on show and heres some pictures of the day:)

P1060805.JPG

P1060873.JPG

P1060809.JPG

P1060813.JPG

P1060814.JPG

P1060818.JPG

P1060822.JPG

P1060827.JPG

P1060830.JPG

P1060833.JPG

P1060834.JPG

P1060835.JPG

Hi Phil , when you was looking for goody he had disappeared with a customer to tie up the paper work for a deal , my mate Colin had bought a new 4m mashio power harrow and he was down there on Wednesday morning to sigh on the dotted line ,I was down there myself on Tuesday but left at lunchtime as I was not feeling to good , not 100% now but back up and running . Thanks for pictures  

13 hours ago, chris.watson said:

I think the Deutz tractors are the best looking out of all of them at the moment. Great looking machines.

Each to their own Chris, it would be sad if we all liked the same model and make........................I never liked Deutz but have too agree they have much upped their game with new machines.

I would go for a Short wheel base Puma 165 or 175 as current favourite smaller model  and the Fendt 1050 as favourite big tractor..................but that might change next week depending on what I see working in the field:D...............................Mind you Combine fav has to be New Holland once again, that new CR9.90 with extra yellow panels looks sensational!!! 

4 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Each to their own Chris, it would be sad if we all liked the same model and make........................I never liked Deutz but have too agree they have much upped their game with new machines.

I would go for a Short wheel base Puma 165 or 175 as current favourite smaller model  and the Fendt 1050 as favourite big tractor..................but that might change next week depending on what I see working in the field:D...............................Mind you Combine fav has to be New Holland once again, that new CR9.90 with extra yellow panels looks sensational!!! 

Combine wise it's Claas all the way for me at the moment, but the Deutz combines do look nice.....but as you say Phil, each to their own.;) had a sit in a few Kubotas lately.....very nice.

Archived