Ford 6600 (Schindler axle) / tabmodels

The FIECO was only sold on 7As for about a year as it didn't meet the new noise level legislation (massive understatement, as anyone who spent more than 30 minutes in a FIECO cabbed 6Y running at 2200rpm will confirm - if they can hear your question).

There were a lot of Fritz cabbed 7As imported second hand into ROI from Holland and Belgium in the early 80s. Buttles in Kilmuckridge used to bring a lot of stuff in from the Continent.

15 hours ago, SPN said:

,it was The FIECO was only sold on 7As for about a year as it didn't meet the new noise level legislation (massive understatement, as anyone who spent more than 30 minutes in a FIECO cabbed 6Y running at 2200rpm will confirm - if they can hear your question).

There were a lot of Fritz cabbed 7As imported second hand into ROI from Holland and Belgium in the early 80s. Buttles in Kilmuckridge used to bring a lot of stuff in from the Continent.

Bennetts in Courtmacsherry West Cork are still pulling in rare ones from Holland & Belgium & would probably source a nice Fritzmeier Ford or anything else if you wanted one .. But they did sell Fritzmeiers from new also SPN in Ireland back in the day. Colemans in Millstreet supplied us with a new one ,it was the last of them ..an 82 year.  & many other local farmers had new ones also .Cheaper option to a Q !!!  I even remember the Cork City Council having 2 Fritz cabbed 4610 & 5610 tractors in red back then . The Council always bought new as we all know well :D:D

On 3/23/2018 at 6:18 PM, Blue man said:

Echoing Justin’s comment, I’d kill for a 6600 with the older shaped Fritzmeier cab 

E4E86B48-20CC-4E3D-85C0-542781B9D8FF.jpeg

Theres some more pictures of the cab inside the brochure, ok mine is in French but it still may help when building :)

29345460_1651291414956963_1825521982_n.jpg.6d5bfa6a53079318762b302ea166149c.jpg

On 3/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, tabmodels said:

Thanks Paul, do you mean a 1/16th Schindler? I can build you a 1/32 no problem

Sorry for late reply in getting back to you Ian, aye i meant in 16th, it be an impressive model, even though i'm leaning more towards the "other" blues of the era

Archived