Ford 6600 (Schindler axle) / tabmodels

I've been asked to build a Ford 6600 with Schindler front axle, one of many four wheel drive axles utilised by ford before the ZF came along. This is a rare and unique conversion distinguished by it's plain wheel centres and 'nose up' attitude due to the bulky differential being directly below the tombstone.

5221-2012529191141_540x360.jpg.816d26328ea96ea7d881b164787f7550.jpga107071z.jpg.5c08189097e8cfa3a69e6290181533ac.jpg

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks great Ian, you certainly get to grips with a build :) I know you mentioned about about a 16th 674 nash were in the pipeline, but if a bubble cabbed 76  with a Schindler under her was an on going job i'd be very tempted.. 

Thanks Paul, do you mean a 1/16th Schindler? I can build you a 1/32 no problem

3 hours ago, Blue man said:

Echoing Justin’s comment, I’d kill for a 6600 with the older shaped Fritzmeier cab 

E4E86B48-20CC-4E3D-85C0-542781B9D8FF.jpeg

I can honestly say I have never seen a cab like that on a Ford ever, I thought I knew Fords and Countys well, but everyday on this forum has indeed been a school day for me :D Yes I'm confident it can be done

It was the cheap alternative to the Sankey Q cab down South where we had much less onerous Q Cab laws.

The full 600 range (and the 7400) was offered with these cabs. They were built in Belgium, not Basildon.

I would say the Fritz cab was a very popular cab on 7A Fords in the South of Ireland . The Q cab was probably the most common ,but the Fritzmeier was the next in line & surpassed the Fieco . I have actually never seen a Lambourne cab Ford in the South nor a Duncan for that matter ,but they probably are down here ,but rare . There is some 10 Series Gen 1s also knocking around with these Fritzmeiers . As we all know most of the 56,66 & 7600 Fords have found there way to export markets like Thailand & other far east Asian countrys ,so these tractors no matter what cab are getting hard to find these days . My uncle has a Fritz 6600 on a diet feeder & had a Fritz cabbed 4600 from new up to 6 years ago. A lot of the Q cabbed 7As came into Ireland secondhand from the UK in the 80s. There was strong demand for them back then for farmers not wanting to splash out on a new 10 Series . But  you always knew a Fritz was Irish ownership from day one . The front windscreen would open out which was very handy in the hot summer months ,but pull it back in when using a loader ,as I found out the hard way...:D:D

earth!earth!earth!earth!earth!

Archived