David Brown 1412

Have started revamp on britains DB 1412. Didn't appear to get good reviews when available, but I think it Is a good base model for a few tweaks. Dimension wise it is actually very good, height, wheelbase, length, bonnet length are all pretty much spot on, only real issue is bonnet width, which is approx 1.5inches to narrow, but this only equates to a touch over 1mm on the model, so I don't believe it's to noticeable. 

Plans are on the cab, (new back window, number plate, rear work light, mirror), some interior detailing, new cab steps, bonnet work = new exhaust/air intake.

New wheels/tyres and front axle. 

Back end = lower lift arms/lift rods/hitch etc

Front weight detailing. 

_20180701_201511.JPG

_20180701_201543.JPG

_20180701_201621.JPG

_20180701_202031.JPG

Bit of a cab interior make over, couple of gear levers, handbrake, lift arms quadrant/Lever, seat arm rests, black floor mat and black dashboard cowlings/3 dashboard dials added. 

_20180701_202407.JPG

_20180701_203227.JPG

_20180701_203331.JPG

Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I can't understand why they didn't put the correct Sankey rear wheels on the 1412 when they already had them from the Ford 5000 and 6600.

Britains had planned to have this tractor as a 4wd in the development stages considering it has a driveshaft to the front axle , but they reverted back to a 2wd it seems and left the shaft be ! It's a very strange model as a result . Would be interacting to know why or how this came about ..But making it 4wd & as SPN said giving it Sankeys on the rear from a 5000 or 6600 would make a nice job of it. Looking forward to seeing it progress . 

18 hours ago, prickles said:

she will only need the one longer gearstick if shes going to remain a 1412  gears 123 and rverse on one stick, nice handbrake don't forget hand clutch for PTO

Good call, but to be honest there is a bit of artistic licence going on with the cab interior - in reality more of the floor/base should be black - pretty much in line with the back of seat, as should all the levers on the later VQ type cab, together with the all black hydra-shift lever on the side dash cowling.

At the start of the modifications - I decided to do a basic representation of levers/handbrakes etc, to give an impression of interior, together with a bit of colour (white/orange/black) - with the hope these details would show up a little better through what is quite an enclosed cab with small windows.

31 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Dosent say if you can buy individual parts like axles wheel ect I was wondering how much a complete axel with wheels would cost as ive a few projects that need them 

Give Nigel a call using the phone number on the website. He'll talk you through it all.

He is a FTF member, but I haven't seen him post here in a long while.

1 hour ago, SPN said:

Give Nigel a call using the phone number on the website. He'll talk you through it all.

He is a FTF member, but I haven't seen him post here in a long while.

Will do cheers bud

On 7/3/2018 at 10:39 PM, IH885XLMAN said:

Where did you get that front axle from please

As SPN said, they are scale down parts, top quality products, and Nigel is good to deal with :)

On 7/5/2018 at 8:06 PM, JEP said:

How about the britains 996, with the 1412 cab? 

I think the older red db 990 had a better rear end the 996 was too boxy and dont like the bonnet or nosecone grille you coukd shorten the bonnet on the 1412 as it has the extension piece inbetween the nosecone and rear part bonnet the 1412 nosecone looks better than the 996 version 

2 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

I think the older red db 990 had a better rear end the 996 was too boxy and dont like the bonnet or nosecone grille you coukd shorten the bonnet on the 1412 as it has the extension piece inbetween the nosecone and rear part bonnet the 1412 nosecone looks better than the 996 version 

Scaledown 990 with a Britains 996 cab.

Best of all worlds.

7 hours ago, SPN said:

Scaledown 990 with a Britains 996 cab.

Best of all worlds.

Now your talking I like the sound of that

It would be so cool 

Does Nigel still produce and make them???

One thing 996 as a donor for cab are increasingly in price only the 1412s are relatively cheap as you got me thinking of both types of db cab now ha ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived