David Brown 1412

Any tips on how to remove the cab and bonnet would be welcome! Stumped right now, only one screw left which is beneath the drive shaft. Also there's something keeping the cab fastened under the bonnet, so as far as I can tell, the bonnet is the clue here. But seems to be sitting on quite tight.

2 minutes ago, Janval said:

Any tips on how to remove the cab and bonnet would be welcome! Stumped right now, only one screw left which is beneath the drive shaft. Also there's something keeping the cab fastened under the bonnet, so as far as I can tell, the bonnet is the clue here. But seems to be sitting on quite tight.

Never mind, got to the final screw after all!

On 7/17/2018 at 6:32 PM, Janval said:

How is it going? Just received mine today, started making some small plans! First thing I saw was the front axle, man is that chunky!

Apologies Jan for late reply, have been pretty busy this week, so only quickly in and out of the forum, hence only just spotted your post. 

The parts are now all done, however I have 3 scratch built trailers which are 90% built, so I want to complete the trailers, then I will spray the 4 models at the same time :)

6 hours ago, Janval said:

Never mind, got to the final screw after all!

Again Jan, - apologies for the late reply. 

If you remove the rear wheels, (twist/pull) that will give access to cab screws, and another key screw is hidden away under the centre of the front axle, however it is possible with a small screw driver to remove this screw, the front axle can then be removed with no damage. It is quite a good tractor to take apart with out the need to cut/destroy any parts. 

Let me know how you get on, and any problems l can hopefully help. 

Cheers. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, JEP said:

Some back end details, although still a little bit more to do on these parts. 

_20180703_162927.JPG

_20180703_163139.JPG

When it is finished will you hire it to me for carting sugar beet later on in season , I had good terms on a baler I hired last year

8 hours ago, smithy said:

When it is finished will you hire it to me for carting sugar beet later on in season , I had good terms on a baler I hired last year

I will hire it out to you Smithy, on one condition..................... You don't let Julie drive it, as it will be expensive to get new cab windows for this old david brown!! 

11 hours ago, JEP said:

Apologies Jan for late reply, have been pretty busy this week, so only quickly in and out of the forum, hence only just spotted your post. 

The parts are now all done, however I have 3 scratch built trailers which are 90% built, so I want to complete the trailers, then I will spray the 4 models at the same time :)

11 hours ago, JEP said:

Again Jan, - apologies for the late reply. 

If you remove the rear wheels, (twist/pull) that will give access to cab screws, and another key screw is hidden away under the centre of the front axle, however it is possible with a small screw driver to remove this screw, the front axle can then be removed with no damage. It is quite a good tractor to take apart with out the need to cut/destroy any parts. 

Let me know how you get on, and any problems l can hopefully help. 

Cheers. 

No worries! I dismantled everything possible yesterday on mine and have begun making small but significant changes to the exterior. Main issue I have is that I probably will need to order a new front axle from artisan. Either that or use one of the UH 4wd axles I have laying around, which will require even more customizing and converting it to a different model (which I had not planned to do).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The scratch built parts are all finished ...... Just the paint job to do, but the spraying is becoming a bit of a mental block at the moment, have 3 scratch built trailers just waiting for spray job, 1 scratch built combine (which even has a coat of primer on, but has been waiting for its top coat for 4 years!) and another scratch built tractor which will soon be ready for spraying. Really need to set myself a target, and get them finished, instead of continually starting on a new build..... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Archived