Britains Land Rover with winch and roof rack 2018

Ferret90

Britains 2018 Land Rover defender 90 with detachable winch and roof rack 

Britains recently released a new version of there iconic defender 90 in cobalt blue (43217). The new model features a removable roof rack that attaches easily with three clips that hold it on. The roof rack is very similar to some real ones found on real 90s however the clips are large and Undetailed.It also has a removable winch ( which is very detailed) that pushes on the bumper which I think improves the appearance of the model. It also fits most of the other defenders made by Britains. Personally I am not a fan of the cobalt blue but that is my opinion, it's like marmite! The wheels are the standard ones used on all of the other recent defenders. If I was being really picky I would say the gaps around the hubs are too wide but that is a very small minor point. The overall detailing is good with the original Land Rover badging on the rear mudguards and black heritage Land Rover badge on the front grill and on the back right side of the model. However the model doesn't have a number plate which is not unusual for Britains models. Overall the model is well detailed and could be improved easily with a few tweaks.

Value: 9/10     Quality: 8/10    Good: winch detailing   Poor: roof rack clips   Overall: 8/10

IMG_4275.thumb.JPG.61234395b1e08749930ea589c31921ba.JPGIMG_4276.thumb.JPG.261bd49bd55eac31a49b6fb0b51154f3.JPGIMG_4277.thumb.JPG.be343f88e06fcde5650f34bf28144d41.JPGIMG_4278.thumb.JPG.389c238dbf1c2022a81690a518f49b8e.JPGThanks for reading my review :) and please comment your thoughts below 

do you like the colour?????

Very usefull review. I don't really like the colour personally. Have all the hardtop versions got the incorrect back door? The other bugbear I have with them is the bulkhead, where the vents are should be vertical and only the windscreen angled back (or no vents and a puma bonnet on the later ones). The heritage edition above looks far better with the roof rack and boost alloys fitted. 

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Very usefull review. I don't really like the colour personally. Have all the hardtop versions got the incorrect back door? The other bugbear I have with them is the bulkhead, where the vents are should be vertical and only the windscreen angled back (or no vents and a puma bonnet on the later ones). The heritage edition above looks far better with the roof rack and boost alloys fitted. 

Yes theres something very unusual going on with that door!!!! She has a tailgate but the door opens sideways, never seen that on a defender only 1s 2s and 3s with cat flap rear doors. Also, the Britains heratige defender has no bulge in the bonnet (to fit the puma which was taller than the td5) but all of the real heratage 90s had puma engines... but I wonder what this brand new models engine is ment to be, not a puma , no td5 logo, Mabey 300 tdi? But it has the styling of a post 2015 defender... not sure...IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.d9a1b77ed45ee68b083e5c05bb7cbcda.JPG

1 hour ago, T.H Conversions said:

Yes theres something very unusual going on with that door!!!! She has a tailgate but the door opens sideways, never seen that on a defender only 1s 2s and 3s with cat flap rear doors. Also, the Britains heratige defender has no bulge in the bonnet (to fit the puma which was taller than the td5) but all of the real heratage 90s had puma engines... but I wonder what this brand new models engine is ment to be, not a puma , no td5 logo, Mabey 300 tdi? But it has the styling of a post 2015 defender... not sure...IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.d9a1b77ed45ee68b083e5c05bb7cbcda.JPG

I assume it was origiomally a td5, then re released as the heritage without wanting to re design it, don't get me wrong, the britains landy is stil a nice model. Wasn't there a 300Tdi heritage edition?

Sorry it was early Td5's that were the original heritage edition  my favourite special edition landy has to be the 110 double cab tomb raider, especially when it's fully loaded with off road kit and a full roof rack, just a shame it didn't have the v8 that the film led you to believe was under the bonnet. 

42 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Sorry it was early Td5's that were the original heritage edition  my favourite special edition landy has to be the 110 double cab tomb raider, especially when it's fully loaded with off road kit and a full roof rack, just a shame it didn't have the v8 that the film led you to believe was under the bonnet. 

The Tomb Raider, a proper Land Rover not like any of these posh Kahn modified ones that the most off roading the will ever see is a gravel driveway.  Shame weren't a good ol' V8 but the td5 sounded good, especially with a full decat side exit exhaust! Proper job :) 

14 hours ago, T.H Conversions said:

You have to remember that the die cast base model has to accept other canopies/tops.  Whilst incorrect for a county, it serves for an open canopy, or indeed no top at all.  For a toy it is fairly well replicated, bar the bulkhead, though you can see why it is angled like that - again for a toy.  They could even have removed the vents all together as they weren't on the later variants.  This base casting certainly beats hands down the previous incarnation which was not good at all.

20 hours ago, mb86 said:

Seems to me like there's a bit of Indiana Jones hidden away inside you Martin!;):D

Archived