John Deere Z series

53 minutes ago, 844john said:

What's the plan for her then Alastair?

In truth John nothing at the moment, just had a few moments spare in the shed so started to strip it. 

Once the matbro is finished though I plan to upgrade it. It’s a model that always appeared nice but lacked in many ways- fixed header, no steering, no handrails etc to name the key points, plus a dreadful bendy plastic header

ive bought a UH Fendt combine too, it is my plan to incorporate some components from it into the “z”

probably won’t see any headway for a bit!!

52 minutes ago, 844john said:

I know what you mean about it Alastair, I have one and have often thought the same, although I have absolutely no plans to do anything about it, my current list of 'to do's' is long enough!:D

No fear, so is mine!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

ah doing a harry bell on it, i bought a scrap uh mf for similar,plus it was in a dealer box,so swap my good one box wise,strip the duff one, just never got round to it of yet

Ha glad you have good intentions too Sean ! I won’t start a race, I don’t have a good track record. I hadn’t realised the Fendt bar wasnt removable though. I think I want it to be so a bit more work involved!

3 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Ha glad you have good intentions too Sean ! I won’t start a race, I don’t have a good track record. I hadn’t realised the Fendt bar wasnt removable though. I think I want it to be so a bit more work involved!

be no race from me, luck to have time to type the word right now :D and even when i do get it,the sheds so wet and cold i dont want to sit out there,hence the new years job,a nice 10ft x 10ft block one,all insulated and upvc door/ windows, so no excuses then

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

be no race from me, luck to have time to type the word right now :D and even when i do get it,the sheds so wet and cold i dont want to sit out there,hence the new years job,a nice 10ft x 10ft block one,all insulated and upvc door/ windows, so no excuses then

Yes I must admit I use the kitchen!

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived