Let's see your workbench!

844john

oh my i am almost to embarrassed to post mine now, all way to tidy, mines located in the shed, which is not far of falling down now,so thats this years project, nice new brick one, all insulated and plenty of bench space, until then this is what i use, very messy right now and very very damp, hence the lack of work right now ,last two pics are my spares boxes ,

26A325AD-46A1-43B0-B9A3-48151FF71E38.jpeg

C05F4EE2-1FEC-4E56-A35A-53273662D69F.jpeg

99927B97-2F08-444C-8F8E-1829EAC01B08.jpeg

735A1E6C-08FE-4DA9-A0A5-A22EC5A1A003.jpeg

46 minutes ago, 844john said:

That looks much more like my workshop Sean, the phrase "rustic charm" springs to mind;) Some interesting builds on the go there...

loads to do, just not much time, plus the roof has a weird white fungus growing on it:D 

the new ones drawn up, just got to work out materials, then make a start come the spring, step ones a micro digger so i can dig the bank out, followed by a new base with pipe for the power. 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

loads to do, just not much time, plus the roof has a weird white fungus growing on it:D 

the new ones drawn up, just got to work out materials, then make a start come the spring, step ones a micro digger so i can dig the bank out, followed by a new base with pipe for the power. 

Hmm, never thought of growing magic mushrooms in mine.....:D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two days and two estate cars full of rubbish and my shed is now clean enough to show my workbench.

Neglected for a while as I was working away and at Uni before that so a good tidy up was well needed.

Its an old Ocado van body, painted from bright orange, to bright green.

Inside, on one side, I've got my workbench with all the room I need for large 1/32 trailers, and on the other lots of storage and an area I can switch between a spray booth as pictured, or an area for casting.

IMG_20190903_142747.thumb.jpg.4d54684ac650bfed810a6f7420ebadbe.jpg

IMG_20190903_142712.thumb.jpg.eb4846f21f8574900b4cd9999b53a12f.jpg

IMG_20190903_142729.thumb.jpg.8cf28ed51cd927e9087a688b7ddaae3d.jpg

When I'm using it regularly it is water tight. The occasional leak has occured but a drop of silicone fixes it very quickly.

I've not been near it in over a year and found it had let water into one patch of the wall, between the inner wall and the central insulation, a quick hole drilled and this has drained away and I will seal up where it has got in when the weather improves. That's after 4 years outdoors in Rochdale, one of the wettest areas of the UK, so I'm happy enough with its performance.

I have one of those tiny plug in heaters and after half an hour on full wack that will heat up the whole shed and then due to the insulation it'll hold the temperature for a good few hours even in deepest darkest winter. The insulation also means it stays pretty cool in the summer compared with outdoors. £400 well spent in summary!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived