John Deere 6210r

Started into this one a while ago, did the usual, painted wheels and some light weathering and forgot all about it. Saw a 6155r over the summer with the new panoramic roof and quite fancied one, couple of months and a 3d printer later, I have this. Second photo shows the development process in getting it right, still want to make a few tweaks, possibly add ~1 or 2mm to the length, depending how it marries up to the Siku cab 

0D2450E1-68FE-4A1E-BA08-71843D027748.jpeg

3D5FC513-8AE1-4E34-AF30-06AED3785946.jpeg

E4508C3E-3930-4B4F-9601-FA4072DC4100.jpeg

04D4A7C2-7655-4D4E-AD20-B04CBE3662BA.jpeg

On 1/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Ferret90 said:

That is exellent, did you do a CAD thingy of the original? :) 

Yep, initial cad model based of various sources for shape and scale, then a rough print at 0.8mm layer height, just to finalise dimensions and shape, then a final 0.08 later height and some sanding for the final model

Bit more done over the weekend between milkings, cab painted and some lights fitted, waiting on more still, cab glazing started, but this will be coming out again, far too much fogging up. Plus a front and rear linkage tweaked and fitted and the whole chassis painted. Just a weight block to build up and fit, starfire to paint, and a new glue on the way that’ll hopefully stop the fogging up when the glazings redone 

874487A2-E0A4-4689-B467-A01CF5BDDBCE.jpeg

A1A0CC8C-91BF-4362-A93E-C6C1BA2D97A4.jpeg

B86AAF04-FACB-4C32-ACA1-F8024EB0F995.jpeg

really good job on designing and making the roof aaron. The wheels look good painted up I didn't realise these siku deeres have quite realistic tyres and wheels.

Was the rear linkage a kit?, as I'm looking at buying a rear kit and have only ever built and mounted the front ones, was it easy to mount to the back of the chassis?

Cheers, yea, both front and rear linkages are both from artisan32. To mount them I just offered the rear up, found the right distance it should sit back, then cut the chassis and mounted it was a bit of 1mm plasticard  between the chassis and linkage, the original siku valve block just pops off the chassis and with some trimming will fit onto the artisan linkage, same way wiking do/ did theirs.

3 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Did you have to do any cutting to fit the front linkage? I wanted to change mine and also convert to a 6215r

Not really, just one small cut in front of the bonnet, just across the back edge of the siku linkage casting, then again a piece of 1mm plastic and the linkage ontop of that. Very tempted to make up a new frame for the linkage, it doesn’t have the same curve that the factory fitted R series ones do. Plus a piece of 1mm at either side of the linkage to bring it out to the right width of the chassis. Let me know and I can PM you some close ups and a bit more detail if you’re stuck

Archived