BlueGreen 2019 pictures

bluegreen

I had hoped to go to the DOE show this past week but work commitments didn't allow for it, so I did the next best thing and popped down the road to AGCO dealer Thurlow Nunns yard...………….Jeesh!!  You have to see their yard too believe it,  There could be approaching 100 tractors (including sit on mowers)  in there at present:blink:...………..Some are new customer machines, some are ex hire, some are trade ins, many are stock tractors destined for their other branches.

They are Fendt, MF and Valtra dealers these days and after virtually being bankrupted by Deere in the mid 90s to early noughties they are now administering a brutal kicking to JDs marketshare throughout the region with their three pronged franchise attack! 

I was hoping to see a new Valtra or two and wasn't disappointed:)...………………...Apparently their sales have really taken off in the past two years and I now know where twenty plus are within 15 miles of my home, and that's up from only one machine in 2016:blink:

P1070665.JPG

P1070672.JPG

P1070663.JPG

P1070671.JPG

P1070669.JPG

P1070670.JPG

P1070668.JPG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right Sean, they are all metallic...……………...I must admit I didn't like it at first as I am a bit of a traditionalist as far as tractor colours go, but I have to admit Valtras multi colour option is finally paying dividends after about 20 years of persistence:D...…………….obviously it does help when the tractor design is so good looking.

The valtra colours have never really bothered me, its their brand thing so to speak , even going back to the 805’s youchad blue green yellow red , socits not new , its when you get all the standard brand guys doing stuff i dint like it, unless its a special occasion like 100 years etc

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I was near Fakenham I popped round to West Raynham farms yard for a peek.   These guys farm nearly 5000 acres and back in 2012 had a massive auction of their John Deere kit which if memory serves included 4 x 7810s, 3 x 8000 series crawlers, some 4000 series SG2 cabbed tractors and heaps of other machinery.

The new farm manager obviously wasn't a JD man and bought in 3 C series challengers,  a big Valtra S series, 3 x N series for forestry works, MF 7624  and then in 2015 they replaced two JD S690s with one CASE 9240 plus 41ft header.

I hadn't been there since 2016 so I was delighted to see they had replaced their final JD tractor a 7930 with a brand new Metallic red Valtra T234, they still have the MF and challengers though.

P1070704.JPG

1 hour ago, bluegreen said:

Very nice new  Valtra N174  in super silver at TNS yard today parked next to impressive T254,  and a Non metallic Red Valtra N 154 as well:)

P1070722.JPG

P1070721.JPG

P1070720.JPG

not more different Valtra rim designs :ph34r: have borrowed some photos to add to a wheel archive I just started :)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally caught up with RG produce and their two new Valtra Ts:wub:………...both on destoning duties.  The metallic grey/ silver T234 with yellow rowcrops was bought as an ex demo machine.  The silver T174 was only delivered 2 weeks ago.   And they have a blue T174 on order as well.

Must say the grey is very smart,  a shade or two darker than the silver and it highlights the black and chrome parts of the trim very nicely.

Also in the field was one of their three Fendt 724s. They also have a few JDs still, although im not sure which have been replaced lately.

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

As I sat in my lounge on Thursday morning eating breakfast at 6.30am I heard the sound of an approaching tractor, I pulled back the curtains and what a surprise!!

"Behold, a white horse":lol:...………...No actually a White Valtra:wub:   with red rowcrop wheels and Grimme destoner in tow.

Now I had been informed by my mate at TNS that RG contractors had bought three Valtras in black, silver and blue...………...he was wrong:lol:...………...their in silver x 2 (not grey) and one in white.

RGs sent three JDs the next day on ridger, planter and second destoner to complete the 40 acre field that the Fastrac 4220 /chafer sprayer had bee in earlier in the week.

I must say its not until you see a white Valtra working up close that you realise just how good looking this tractor is in that colour...……….stunning!    And I take back my comments about none of todays machines having the charisma of the tractors from the 70s, 80s and early 90s...………….the Valtra T   just oozes charisma.

IMG_4186.JPG

the agco sales teams must be offering some decent deals all over at present,theres a hell of a lot of valtras,t’s and n’s appearing round this end of the country,in all sorts of colours as well , closely followed by massey’s ,

also arround plymouth a lt of new deutz as well, of all sizes inc several of the real big ones , think it may be howtons comtractors running them ,need to have a drive by 

its just a trend that's finally taken off Sean,  the automotive concept of having a multi choice of colours and trims took a long while to catch on with the farming fraternity but now its getting real popular.  Black Fendts and Blue Power NH really got things moving but Valtra have taken it on to new highs.  And of course they look so good from all angles  and have arrived with a hard earned reputation for reliability and fit n finish.

Just compare that white one with the new JD 6155R in the field with it,  it used to be JD making the best looking tractors but not anymore!   The Valtra is all curvy and seductive whereas the JD6R is bland and squared off,   no guesses for who has lost the most sales to both Fendt and now Valtra these past 6 years.

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this wild looking Valtra T the day after it was delivered to its new owner  "A Drake Agri contractors" in Thetford Norfolk...………………...No idea what it was doing on my patch some 30 miles from home?   Perhaps the big man upstairs knew I would appreciate seeing it and arranged for it to have little trip into my part of the fens:lol:

Not sure about those chrome wing mirrors,  that's a bit too much "bling" for me:blink:

Image may contain: outdoor

I think those are actually Stainless steel mirror protectors,lot's of trucks fitted with them these day's,never seen any on a tractor before though,probably a contractor,??

Regards

Joe.

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

So the stainless steel is protecting the plastic that is protecting the mirror............put some mesh in front of the stainless steel to protect that too!?

Aye,that's it Barry,welcome to 2019,!!

https://www.kudauk.ltd.uk/shop/exterior-accessories/mirror-guards-stainless-steel-chrome

Regards

Joe.

Theres a valtra n running around this way in that colour , but its got a metallic grey hubs finish, always see him going about with what apears to be a mobile crimping/feed unit of some description. No idea where he works from as i have seen it in devon and cornwall 

There are about 6 Black Valtra Ts with black wheels round here and all have grey hubs Sean  and a grey chassis,  would look far too stark if the whole machine was black imo.

The orange is very eye catching although not anymore than the white...………………………...Im hoping to see a 174N in white next weekend as a chap near Ely is expecting his this week,  he chose white because of a long standing affection for the white David Brown tractors his father operated when he was a lad.

Archived