BlueGreen 2019 pictures

bluegreen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year Ryston estates traded a JD T670 in for lovely NH CR8.80 on tracks and this year Fred Hartleys have traded their CASE 8120 in for an 8.80 too:)

New Holland had sold one combine in 3 years before 2018 on my patch but thankfully the new sales manager is sorting things out and several have been sold in the last two years.

And Pecks have been busy too replacing a NH 9090 and a Claas 780 for a pair of tracked CR9.80s...……………..Very pleased to see these as I had expected Claas to pinch the sale and put two Lexions in as they have done with many of the Velcourt businesses in recent years.  Obviously the latest CR upgrades are an improvement and are competitive once more.

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4407.JPG

IMG_4423.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

Smiths of Soham are a dream for tractor spotters, they always seem to buy new kit and then change it within a couple of years.  I had a chat with the chaser bin driver and was told they have two Blue power 315s on 18 & 19 plates, the one photoed is shod on 900/60/ R42s exactly the same as my Marge models toy:)...……..and there was me thinking I had never seen any evidence that NH supplied 315s with  those size tyres.  The new 315 had just replaced a JCB 4220!!   And in their yard sits a Fendt 1050 which replaced a 2 yr old T8435 tracked Blue power machine which was very good but too hard for the old tractor drivers dodgy back.

Now that very smart RW chaser bin is keeping their new CR10-90:wub: going which also replaced a Lexion 780 Yayyyyy  ……...and according to the driver is harvesting 80-85 tons hour average in wheat with spot rates in the 100s+  he claims this is far more than the 65 tons hr they got from the 780:blink:...…………………………….Now as I expected when I put that up on a farming forum it went down like a lead balloon with the Claas fanatics:lol:...………………….and to be fair the 780 only had a 35ft header and was a 2016 machine, the latest ones are on 1380 headers and have had many software upgrades so im sure that would narrow the gap somewhat.  The New Holland high output comes from their intellismart computer system which does everything the driver used to except headland turns, obviously its very impressive.

They've also bought a new 724 to replace their 6 year old version in the lovely natural green paint work.

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

Hi Joe,  Yep they are fighting back,  all the talk has been about the green harvesters for too long and clearly the world record New Holland set in 2014 with an early version of the 10-90 was no fluke!  Claas obviously knew there was no point trying to beat that as the 780 couldn't do it, I suspect however that now they've launched the 8900 complete with an upside down marquee used as a voluminous grain tank and pinched the engine out of a Jaguar 980 along with a raft of new computerisation that they will have a successful go at the record:P

Lots of JDs combines round here now too and that's mostly due to the high standard of their dealerships and popularity of the tractors.  Personally I still think NH, Claas and CASE are better combines than JD but then again I don't drive them so what do I know:D

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, catkom3 said:

Cheers Chris,wonder if that's a common problem with the Lexion's,might explain the 4 new version's,??

Regards

Joe.

Lexions have a reputation for catching fire ,I now any combine can due to the conditions there work in but there is defiantly more claas machines catching fire   

There’s more Claas machines catching fire because there are more of them about than any other combine. If you’d actually gone to one of the launch days you’d know there’s an awful lot more to those new lexions than what you’ve posted there. Yes the engines from the Jaguar, it makes it easier for the service guys as they know it, the whole of the intake had been redesigned with 10 years and 6000 hours of testing in the field. There are two smaller 7000 series already in Norfolk and the owners are more than impressed over the previous models. 

The reason your post went down the way it did on a Farming forum is because when you start posting some of comments you do somewhere where there’s seasoned operators of the machines who know different they will obviously leap on it when you freely admitted you’ve never operated the machines. Your Claas bashing on there has started to really annoy the operators hence the comments. 

2 hours ago, Gav836 said:

There’s more Claas machines catching fire because there are more of them about than any other combine. If you’d actually gone to one of the launch days you’d know there’s an awful lot more to those new lexions than what you’ve posted there. Yes the engines from the Jaguar, it makes it easier for the service guys as they know it, the whole of the intake had been redesigned with 10 years and 6000 hours of testing in the field. There are two smaller 7000 series already in Norfolk and the owners are more than impressed over the previous models. 

The reason your post went down the way it did on a Farming forum is because when you start posting some of comments you do somewhere where there’s seasoned operators of the machines who know different they will obviously leap on it when you freely admitted you’ve never operated the machines. Your Claas bashing on there has started to really annoy the operators hence the comments. 

I'm no arable man, but i agree completely with what you say, it's exactly the same for tractors, lots of folk are quick to cite every failure of the green machines, but when nearly 1 in every 3 new tractor sold is a Deere then obviously there are more of them out there to go wrong. All breeds give bother and like anything it's down to personal preference for your choice of marque, what gets me is when people slate something and have no experience of them. I've spent a lot of time on Case, Deere and New Holland, but very little on the likes of Massey, Fendt or Valtra, my preference might be for the CNH or Deeres, but I wouldn't knock the others,  I've not driven driven them so i don't feel qualified to comment.

2 hours ago, Puff of Logic said:

Am a bit perplexed about this comment & completely fail to see any reason for it to appear here . 

The topic states “ BlueGreen  2019 pictures “ & has so far followed that line .

Unless I have got it completely & utterly wrong, I fail to see the connection with “ what BlueGreen does & says on other forums “ .

It has no connection to here & frankly, what anyone else does, or for that matter says anywhere else is their prerogative, I have no interest or care in what they get up to if it has no relevance in here .

Never mind I’m sure others will. I’m entitled to an opinion the same as anyone else and it wasn’t me who first mentioned it so look again. 

If That’s your interpretation of it then so be it but I stand by what I posted moderator or not and no personal attack’s were made.

You have made no useful contribution in your last two posts either so maybe it’s yourself who should show more discretion in what you post  

To be fair Paul, this is often what happens, several of the threads that I've started have ended up going way off track, it doesn't bother me as i feel that its an open forum and everyone on here should feel free to contribute and comment as they wish, if it wanders a bit off topic from time to time, so what....it just seems strange that this particular one has caused the reaction that it has, personally i don't think any harm was meant by any concerned.

Oh Dear Ive upset the Claas fans on here as well :P  ……………….what I didn't mention is that I have a mate on the other forum who drives a Lexion 770 and a Fendt 936 and he is highly critical of virtually every other make bar those two with the possible exception of John Deere.  He admits to despise anything from CASE New Holland and last season was very uncomplimentary about a demo of a NH CR9.90 in comparison to the Lexion.  I had read elsewhere that the NH was as good as it looks, so when I was informed about the 10-90s average output in wheat compared to the owners 3 years with a 780 I couldn't hide my glee:D...…………………...I asked my friend for his 770s av output which was 55-60 tons and that fitted in with the 60-65 tons that Smiths of Sohams  780 had achieved, with a 35ft header I might add.   And then told him about the 80 tons + av the 10-90 was making which didn't please him very much:lol:

So im not really Claas bashing so much as biased operator bashing!   Everyone knows Claas have nearly always been on top of the heap but for the last few years they haven't had things all their own way.   Another farmer claimed on an extensive demo the Lexion 780 and CR10-90 were neck and neck and I will take him at his word, maybe the 2019 780 with its 1380 header was running some of the 2020 machines software upgrades.  The 780 may have been released in 2013 but the 2019 machine has been significantly upgraded every year since then im sure.   But Gavs right, I don't drive them so I don't know, I just take pictures of them and look forward to snapping an 8900 next harvest.

I followed one of Waldersey farms tractor trailers on Thursday and hit the jackpot!!  In one 20 acre field there three S690/ 790 combines,  6 trailers,  2 JD 6250R big baler rigs,  1 JD 6155 bale chaser and then a huge new 9620RX with rapeseed cultivator/ combi press was sizing up the field before it commenced drilling behind the baler team:blink:...…..just a shame the light was fading but exciting set up none the less...…………………………….quite digging the Fendt baler too,  a few getting about here now.

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

Having finally tracked down the home of the CASE Rowtrac I saw in early season pulling a red triple axle chaser bin I was hopeful of getting some pics of it.  Unfortunately it was parked up in the yard and its driver was on board Pecks demo CR9.90.  A subsequent visit drew a blank too so I guess I will have to go back when Cultivations get going and see what its pulling then.

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived