UH Fordson power major

I thought I would buy a uh Fordson power major with some amazon vouchers I had, however there was only the sirocco edition so I thought I would take the cab off. It was going well until I realised it had been glued on and wasn't held with screws like on the mudguards which meant I had to sand down the areas and paint them again. Another problem is that some bits had been left off the engine which I will have to make. Looking back, it wasn't the best decision but o well, I wouldn't recommend it. I've made a roll bar and thinking about a loader but it might be a bit ambitious :) IMG_8250.thumb.JPG.69ec69b91e9096cf0b3f99d3e1d3c514.JPGIMG_8251.thumb.JPG.7b44c4874d33c1cb763fc0d357baf5d0.JPGIMG_8252.thumb.PNG.d0105fdaa9a446439f5d8d9c8dde43a5.PNG

26 minutes ago, Dusty Dan said:

A great way to improvise, you have quite the way with these models that I haven’t seen anywhere else. And is the way with so many members on the forum. 

Cheers Corky, hoping it will be straightforward :) I don't have skills like some of the scratchbuilders on here, or the patience haha

here we go then, started on the loader and fully stocked up on plastic. However I keep finding bits cut off in my tea... IMG_8219.thumb.PNG.6fcdd4511a25113ccfc961d7ce09f34c.PNGIMG_8253.thumb.JPG.de11a437c815c72cc08eae9f63eeabe5.JPG

47 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Cheers Corky, hoping it will be straightforward :) I don't have skills like some of the scratchbuilders on here, or the patience haha

here we go then, started on the loader and fully stocked up on plastic. However I keep finding bits cut off in my tea... IMG_8219.thumb.PNG.6fcdd4511a25113ccfc961d7ce09f34c.PNGIMG_8253.thumb.JPG.de11a437c815c72cc08eae9f63eeabe5.JPG

i think yor skills are very good mate

1 hour ago, timf said:

Remember using the real thing in 1980's. Power Major with Mil loader (I think) & Sirocco folding roll bar. 

Great convo well done!

Interesting, not sure what loader my one is, cheers :) 

Most i have seen on fordson  are mil ones i must say , and weridly mostly yellow pint work . I have done a few different ones now and have a old fordson like that sat in the shed , got it cheap as chips as it had a missing rear linkage , with the intention if adding a front loader and a fixed bodge job linkage , just never got round it it 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Most i have seen on fordson  are mil ones i must say , and weridly mostly yellow pint work . I have done a few different ones now and have a old fordson like that sat in the shed , got it cheap as chips as it had a missing rear linkage , with the intention if adding a front loader and a fixed bodge job linkage , just never got round it it 

Hmm I was thinking of going for a red loader and roll bar because I've seen them before, I don't want to do it blue because it will be hard to match the colour :) 

And the scirocco rollbar should be light grey with black plastic covers over the brackets at the top. The word scirocco is in small black letters on the side of one of the folding uprights.  Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, timf said:

Great model Ferret. If You’re going red if I were you I’d use a mid red like Massey red. Not too light. 

Cheers, yep I've got some scaledown Massey 65 paint which should be ok...

I've done the end bit now...IMG_5418.thumb.JPG.656cb3e2372abbdb9995d2732297df57.JPGIMG_5419.thumb.JPG.e751c07eeb4a452100889983d29e1178.JPGIMG_5422.thumb.JPG.9c240116b54e9b22068f92d8d5eceaf8.JPG

On 4/1/2019 at 8:05 PM, Ferret90 said:

Hmm I was thinking of going for a red loader and roll bar because I've seen them before, I don't want to do it blue because it will be hard to match the colour :) 

Empire blue mate, but red or yellow looks the biz, great work

Archived