Bomford powertrak 6.6m cultivator/ripper.

A couple of weeks ago, l was having a sort out of some boxed up old brochures, and came across a pack of drawings and photos (old 35mm prints!!), which I had completely forgotten about.... 

Was around the late 90's, when a local dealer had a mint second hand 6.6 meter bomford powertrack in his yard, and he kindly let me take photos and drawings of it (when I explained it was for a model build, he even helped measure it!!). 

So 20+ years later, finally getting round to building one! 

Doesn't look much, but took me nearly 2 hours to make one (about 7 separate pieces plus lot of cutting and filing - plus l am a very slow worker!!) 

As a result, I couldn't face making another 22, (6.6 meter power-trak had 23) so got a mate to draw up a cad file, and I took it to a 3D printer, to print them up with an SLA printer. 

_20190615_185053.JPG

Frame, and 2 tines loosely placed on (blue tac), plus depth wheels mounted - 7.50 x 16's (more blue tac!!). 

Now pretty much ready for spray and decals (although I do have about 7 other finished models waiting for paint, just a case of getting round to it...........:wacko:

_20190615_192351.JPG

_20190615_190926.JPG

_20190615_191030.JPG

_20190615_191129.JPG

4 hours ago, JEP said:

Doesn't look much, but took me nearly 2 hours to make one (about 7 separate pieces plus lot of cutting and filing - plus l am a very slow worker!!) 

As a result, I couldn't face making another 22, (6.6 meter power-trak had 23) so got a mate to draw up a cad file, and I took it to a 3D printer, to print them up with an SLA printer. 

Ha ha John. I can sympathise with the slow work rate! What you have done though looks superb, really high quality workmanship. Look forwards to it. 

6 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Looking forward to this, love seeing old school cultivation gear! Wouldn’t mind one myself as well! 

Thanks Ben, must admit l do like the older gear, particularly 70's to 90's.

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Lovely work there john. I assume that would need a trailer for transport or will it be end tow?

Cheers for that Martin. I remember the one l measured had no end tow attachment, but whether Bomford offered it as an option l don't know? 

If they didn't it must have been a lo-loader job, as it would be a clumsy old bit of kit to move around (outer frame just under 22 feet). But l do remember being impressed with the construction, it was a heavy old cultivator in its day. 

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Ha ha John. I can sympathise with the slow work rate! What you have done though looks superb, really high quality workmanship. Look forwards to it. 

ha ha!, given the way you are producing them now Alistair you would have done while l'm thinking about it! After all, this one has been over 20 years at the planning stage :D

Archived