Claas Lexion 8900 launch - Norfolk

Gav836

I happened to be free a couple of weeks back when Claas held their launch event for the new Lexion range in Norfolk, very impressive combine from an operators perspective having used most leading brands at some point over the last 20 years. 

Managed to get a few pictures of it and the new Tucano. Had a 15 minute ride in the 8900 as well, very nice machine. 

012396AC-3558-4F59-BE6B-94E5C8BA3276.jpeg

D3046596-1D37-4D57-AE10-CFA0C73C5746.jpeg

81D49A1E-9079-4FF2-A4BB-4D32BFBEA6F4.jpeg

28811562-CB3E-4581-ABD6-E301A5F65ED0.jpeg

5686C8BA-1CE7-488E-97E1-45B13FB463A3.jpeg

DCDB74CB-A8F2-4364-82D6-F7DC87643DC4.jpeg

DEC81944-62D5-4383-BDF2-CC810C9B585D.jpeg

I also made a video of the day and have it up on my YouTube channel. The launch of the combines was tied in to a launch in the gaming world, Claas coming into Farming Simulator as a DLC was deliberately timed to coincide with the combines arriving, Claas see it as a massive promotional tool. 

Every new monster combine launch is another nail in the coffin for the older classic machines sadly.   Locally quite a few small farmers bought late 80s Dominator 88, 98 and 108 in the past few years to replace their older 70s- early 80s Claas 85, 95, 96, 106 harvesters.  With these new Claas models capable of even more acres those little farms will finally become unviable and disappear  and the last of the golden age combines of the 80s will be gone with them.

I will never be more impressed by Claas than I was watching Oliver Walstons pre production 480 back in 95, it was a such a big leap forward in speed and appearance from what I had witnessed before.  The driver declared he was averaging 40 tons hour in wheat and 65 ton spot rates which was miles ahead of the competition at the time...…………………...Still I have to say I preferred its predecessor the Commander 228 looks wise...……..I still do.

5 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i see Gavin the DLC for farming simulator is due 22/10/19,there are a few screenshots and 35 claas models will be in the DLC

It is, it caught a few of the big channels by surprise as well, even those who are actively involved with Giants, we all knew there was going to be an announcement but the sheer scale of this one took us by surprise. It’s made myself and a few others think that Claas were supposed to be the headliner for 19 but delayed it due to this launch hence why John Deere went first and why there’s so little of it. New pre launch video on YouTube today from Giants if the Claas kit. 

• 1 month later...

I've just watched this video of the new Claas Jaguar TT 40.000 960,and I see their planning a 990 with a 925 HP V12 engine,and got to thinking if they put that engine in the 8900 would that create a new 9900 Lexion,??

Video here,it's 24 minutes long,and in Romanian I think,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c9hGkAqF0&t=273s

Regards

Joe.

I see that the 980 has been down rated from 884 hp  to 850hp to make the 990s  925hp appear more impressive.   Seriously the Big X has been beyond 1000hp for 10 years now, im amazed Claas haven't gone toe to toe output wise!   I have watched the JD 8800 and 9800 last year and they didn't seem to be getting the trailers out the field as quick as Pretorias Claas 980 and in turn that wasn't as productive as O J Neils Big X1100 which is an animal in the field:blink:...…………………...to be fair you need all three in a field together with very experienced operators too compare, but the Krones the one to beat. 

50 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

I see that the 980 has been down rated from 884 hp  to 850hp to make the 990s  925hp appear more impressive.   Seriously the Big X has been beyond 1000hp for 10 years now, im amazed Claas haven't gone toe to toe output wise!   I have watched the JD 8800 and 9800 last year and they didn't seem to be getting the trailers out the field as quick as Pretorias Claas 980 and in turn that wasn't as productive as O J Neils Big X1100 which is an animal in the field:blink:...…………………...to be fair you need all three in a field together with very experienced operators too compare, but the Krones the one to beat. 

the fact its been 10 years odd and they have not done it goes to prove they feel theres no need i guess. only need to look at how many class are out there compared to the krones as well , clearly the class output is more than enough for most seasoned and experienced  farmers and contractors or they would be calling out for a 1000 hp jag or swapping to krone . sometimes less is more as they say .

Lots of RX machines round here now and half of them have taken out Quaddys…………………….Apparently they pull better and use less fuel are quieter more spacious cab and Operators are always biased in JDs favour:D

Mind you I know two big farms locally that run JD tractors and both bought a pair of new CASE 620s last year!!   I suspect price came into those deals and the fact that Quadtracs have 20 years of proven quality behind them.  Personally I would go for a 620 as it looks the part whereas the JD looks like a fancy dan:lol:

Be interesting to see if CASE update the Quadtrac at Agritechnica, I suspect they will which should see them back on top.

Archived