Your favourite Silage Harvester

nashmach

On a similar theme what is your favourite silage harvesters?

My list would include the 8/900 series Jaguar's, the New Holland range which included probably one of the most popular harvesters ever the 1900 and also the Hesston before they were axed around about 1995 and replaced with orange New Holland's  :(

As for the trailed scenes one of the best combinations I have seen would have to be a big 6 cyl 2wd Ursus such as a 1222 or 1232 with a Pottinger Mex VI behind  ;D

Many years ago I remember a Contractor who bought a TW30 to replace a (fuel pump tweaked, 120hp) Deutz DX85 under his JF harvester. (The Deutz then replaced a Zetor Crystal on the mower, and the Zetor was traded for a dp 6600 for trailer duty)

188hp through a JF gearbox = twisted shafts.

He replaced the JF with a trailed Mengele harvester (Pottinger Mex clone) which had all belt drives.

Talk about No Mercy!

Been a fan of [url=http://www.poettinger.at/landtechnik/maishaecksler_modelle.asp?lang=EN&produkt=430]the Pottinger approach ever since. (I must dig out pics of the Steyr 8320/MexV combo at some stage. The only flaw was the amount of wear on the chute)

mex_vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago I remember a Contractor who bought a TW30 to replace a (fuel pump tweaked, 120hp) Deutz DX85 under his JF harvester. (The Deutz then replaced a Zetor Crystal on the mower, and the Zetor was traded for a dp 6600 for trailer duty)

188hp through a JF gearbox = twisted shafts.

He replaced the JF with a trailed Mengele harvester (Pottinger Mex clone) which had all belt drives.

Talk about No Mercy!

Been a fan of [url=http://www.poettinger.at/landtechnik/maishaecksler_modelle.asp?lang=EN&produkt=430]the Pottinger approach ever since. (I must dig out pics of the Steyr 8320/MexV combo at some stage. The only flaw was the amount of wear on the chute)

mex_vi.jpg

used to make those pottingers down near me,about `10 miles away,now called landmech,i think,not nearly as much stuff there now