Who made this sprayer?

hody21

Who made this sprayer?. I cant find a makers name anywhere on the model or the box its self. Its well made and a nice model. I did think Universal Hobbies but it doesn't seem like one of theirs. Are they rare or fairly common. Any info would be appreciated. 

20200612_165319.jpg

20200612_165352.jpg

i have one in the collection, you see them appear at shows like zwolle as well, don't think it was limited edition from memory. as for maker, i dont recall it being uh , and i don't have a maker listed against it on the spread sheet, i guess because it doesn't say on the box ,although something in my head is saying the same people who did the yellow agrisem harrows and disc sets stuff ,think that was a company called model crew  maybe ,or very similar although often listed as replicagri .

yes it is universal hobbies Sean and like I said not 100% sure but I though it was ltd edt and previous listings on ebay had them as ltd edt and made by uh,looking at Simons picture it is marked as ltd edt,just noticed that myself

never noticed the sticker on the box , but pretty sure its not uh, theres also a hardi  alpha self propelled came out the same time, which i have, neither has a makers name on it, both are also missing a makers name on farmmodels data base as well,  have the everad blue version of the alpha and thats  the same, no maker, there was a good few bits and bobs appeared like this, runs done for the companies over the years for promotions ect 

It just doesn't look or feel like a Universal Hobbies. Its well built you are not afraid to open the booms like you are on a Universal Hobbies model. It does steer like the real thing to follow tramlines. Any idea on value roughly? 

I am sure they often get listed as UH purely as it is unknown who made them, when they appeared, along with the Self propelled version they were Hardi exclusives.   I had the SP one but sent it back as it had been damaged by water leaking into the box.  Shame as it was a nice model.  The SP one certainly seemed a bit too basic for a UH model, compared to the Tecnoma for example.  It's on a similar detail level to  the Replicagri Berthoud but I think they came out a while before Replicagri got going.

Archived