Plastic Card

ginjaninja95

Question

4 answers to this question

As others have said I also use Station Road for plasticard, I'm fairly sure it's cheaper from them direct, and if not then atleast they're getting the extra cut rather than eBay https://www.stationroadbaseboards.co.uk/cart_plastic.htm?fbclid=IwAR0vms8lCgfjWhgZSwcMVNOv8dvBj4fpc5Km3CBV_QaaxiYJJbDjDqwa-Oo

0.5mm and 1mm are the only sizes I regualry need, ocassionaly a very thin sheet such as 0.25mm is useful for curves that require lots of flexibility. But 0.5 is my stable. I just buy A3 sheets a) the volume I use and b) trailer sides, truck bodies etc fit better/you can fit more on a sheet with less wastage. 

For profile like plastruct and ema I use 2k technologies. They're a local model shop that trade on eBay and their own website. Normally the cheapest, or one of, for packs. For individual lengths of profiles the cheapest way is to visit a physical shop. When a profile is 80p you end up paying that again for postage when buying online. 

Archived