Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like cracking weather too, i'm jealous sat here in the rain of the UK, can't wait til i'm over there in 2 years time! All the pictures you and Tris post are very encouraging and i'm sure alot of the younger generation on FTF could be motivated in to following in your footsteps! :)

Indeed, I know they have encouraged me! Hopefully when I get college out of the way, this may be something I would like to try!  :)

Neat pix Allan,that maize looks only just ready the guy short of feed?

Q..What is maize silage worth per kg of DM there?

thanks FP, not sure what its worth but il find out for you monday, im not sure what his hurry for cutting it was, but it was an early maturing variety and he didnt use any spray or fert  on it hence why it didnt look so flash

its about 13-15 cent per kg here to be harvested, but a bit more onto it then depending on how far to the pit and amount of trucks used etc

Fantastic photo's Alan, really good clear pictures mate and the old Magnum still going strong is a nice sight. MX rubbish, pah!!! 7030 series is the kiddy!!!

So maize has started then, where have you been cutting too, we are bound to see you around I expect.

Case 7500?!! You lot are as bad as Andrew. .. .. well almost.. .. your chopper hasn't been repo'd!!!!  :D :D :D :D

thanks mate, well ya after the 5140 the 7130 is the baby alrite  :P.

well it hasnt started flat out or anything that was just one early job, saying that though i think austin has cut some, well i defidently saw quite a big block cut south of hamilton the lads said it was austin who did it so not sure. but alot of farmers have started green feeding it now, i saw a claas 890 opening up a padock today for a farmer who is starting his green feeding. the middle of march shud see the maize kicking off properly according to the lads.

;D ;D id say it would be hard to be as bad as him from the stories ive been hearing  :D

Yeah that was Austins lot alright, dicky on here rang me to say pop down for a ride round but we were on the peat. They should be up around Hamilton airport this coming week or so. Down south east of here the ground is drying out real quick and burning the maize so some stuff is coming off a bit earlier. Andrew shhould be chopping on Monday with Kaipaki's 890 I think  ??? I am off though, off to Rotorua with the missus and the outlaws.  :)

Thems the ones!!  :D :D :D

ok heres the twist they were joined up with Mcfarlanes cos kairangi dont have a harvester and kairangi did mcfarlans big square bailing in return but  ive heard  Mcfarlans have got into a spot of bother financialy too so they prob need another guy with a chopper hence andrew  ???::)

Heres another twist. .. ..  Andrew hasn't got his chopper back. ..... it's still at Walshes ( ???) where it had to be hidden on the John Seere 30 series launch as it is a 6950 in Case IH colours like the one you posted!!!!!! What a very odd world it is!!! Apparantly Kairangie have an 890 in their midst  .... .

Christ alive, I don't reckon Agatha Christie, Miss Marple or good old Inspecter Morse could figure this one out lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  between all the weeling and dealing its a very tangled weeb with Mr R seeming to make up the middle of it in nearly every regard. we collected some "silage bales" that ye made a week or two ago on old mountain road today, on closer inspection it looks as if a certain person has tried to pass hay bales off as good quality silage bales  ::)

welcome to the world of nz's dodgy contractors boys  :D

there are all sorts of scoundrels who do dodgy deals with hay too, you'll come across them... We bought "top quality young grass hay" from one once, arrived as 3 season old rotten compost. For feeding dairy cows none the less....

welcome to the world of nz's dodgy contractors boys   :D

there are all sorts of scoundrels who do dodgy deals with hay too, you'll come across them... We bought "top quality young grass hay" from one once, arrived as 3 season old rotten compost. For feeding dairy cows none the less....

HAHA fair call,none of what Allan and Tris are going about is a shock to any of the kiwi's on here.

Like the north island has it "dodgy silage" the south has it's "Dodgy croppers as well" ::):D :D :D

well took the weekend off to do a trail walk called the tongario crossing its not tractor related but thought id throw a few pics up anyway, its ment to be one of the best one day hikes in the world. It carries you through volcano craters and volcanic mountain peaks and stuff like that and is  very impressive to say the least. its 17km long so i know im going to be sore tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D heres a few pictures

post-24-132638572003_thumb.jpg

post-24-132638572008_thumb.jpg

o ya go and do the luge in rotorua, its good crack, we went a bit mad on that nearly took out ourselves and a group of turkish guys  :-[

Went there a few years ago with a group of mates, when we turned up there were so blokes looking like idiots in leather etc, we had a good laugh at them and picked up our trays and went towards the intermediate run. We had a great time racing and running each other off the track. After a few runs we went towards the advanced run. We set off in the same carefree way we had been but soon realised why those 'idiots' were wearing leathers! Sitting 2 inches above the concrete on a plastic tray going far to fast down the track there was a hump ahead. Before i could do anything i'd hit the hump and was flying through the air holding on to the tray for fear of loosing lots of skin on the concrete. Somehow i managed to stay on the tray and make it safely down to the bottom.  ;D ;D

Went there a few years ago with a group of mates, when we turned up there were so blokes looking like idiots in leather etc, we had a good laugh at them and picked up our trays and went towards the intermediate run. We had a great time racing and running each other off the track. After a few runs we went towards the advanced run. We set off in the same carefree way we had been but soon realised why those 'idiots' were wearing leathers! Sitting 2 inches above the concrete on a plastic tray going far to fast down the track there was a hump ahead. Before i could do anything i'd hit the hump and was flying through the air holding on to the tray for fear of loosing lots of skin on the concrete. Somehow i managed to stay on the tray and make it safely down to the bottom.  ;D ;D

:D i know boy tis some crack, we used go down the advanced one too and all wait up for each other around the first bend then let loose trying to knock each other off and stuff. we looked like idiots in the purple helmets though  ;D and theres nothin funnier then seeing smoke coming off the brakes of ur mates cart as he trys to make the bend only to go straight off a bank, he skint above his eye too so twas well funny although he was like a bull  :P