Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres about 5 weeks digging on this job with most of it being done by the cat 330d and theres a cat 324d digging out a boggy patch at the farm side of the site, theres also a komatsu pc 340 loading topsoil and the boggy stuff into lorries. theres also 4 dumpers all a25d's drawing from the 330 and we are filling back in the hole that the 324 is digging better better earth while a dozer and two rollers compact the soil so it will be ready for taking piles

thanks,  :) its ok for a change but not near as fun or interesting as the agri side, the only reason im here is the regular driver of one of the dumpers refused to travel to this place to work as it means getting up every mornin gat 5.15 for a hour and three quarter drive to limerick and a 2 hour drive home in the evening............ so after a bit of persuasion i got landed with it and had to leave my 6810 for a while  >:(

trust me give a day in one of these dumpers travelling around the same site all da long and a zetor crystal 12145 with no breaks or steering would beat the dumper  :( its a sickening yoke, my hilight today was it was quite before lunch so i got a chance to have a walk around for a while and have a chat with some of the lads before we rushed off to go drawing rock that was broken out from a rockbreaker only for the machine driver to break a sensor in my dumper by throwing in the rock too hard resulting in a very loud high pitched beeping any time i went tipping, eventually i managed to temperiarly fix it with a coin and a bit of tape for a while at least. what really put the icing on the cake was some of the gang was at pit silage today and i had to miss it  ;) and ye thought ye had problems

• 3 months later...

jez twin beacons and all your well landed there alan  :D are the tractors the same as they are here E U spec ???

yep exact same except they have not got pickup hitches here...... :-\ and ive ben sussing out the silaging operations its way different to home regardding mowing tedding trucks pacxking bnd the pit it seems to be better organised at home but i may be surprised  ::)

You think Ireland has some hills look at some of those in the pics :o

uve seen nothing yet wait till i get done resizing some pictures and yell get a shock these kiwi guys love farming hills!!!!

Can't believe the ground your discing up mate, how wet is that!!!!! Hell of a set of discs you got yourself there aswell Alan, how deep are you working them? Ground like that at least you won't won't be changing the dishes too often!!!

;)

You've a few nice toys there Alan!

Looook at the landscape!  :o :o

yep some amazing scenery around here alrite cant wait to travel around later

Can't believe the ground your discing up mate, how wet is that!!!!! Hell of a set of discs you got yourself there aswell Alan, how deep are you working them? Ground like that at least you won't won't be changing the dishes too often!!!

im woring them more or less as deep as they can go which is a max of about 1 foot  cos of the terrain im altering constantly to stop it getting blocked,  ud be surprised but the wear here is extreme cos the pumice soil they have is rock hard and theres only a couple inches soil cover in alot of places

post-24-132638544959_thumb.jpg

post-24-132638544963_thumb.jpg