Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Nice pictures there mate......Quite a beast that Case Magnum...... :o

How old is the forager mate? Can't say I recognise that styling on a Case machine......

Wish it was half as dry here......We could maybe hold out hope of getting field-work done if it was...... :D;)

ya these guys like the bigger tractors, out of 6 tractors 5 of them are over 220hp, the baby of the fleet is the 5140 and thats about 125hp i think. they do a lot of maize planting and harvesting on wet peaty ground so getting stuck is common so they need all the hp they can muster. later on when the harvesting is in full swing and if the ground gets wet they put the harvester and trailers on double wheels, although this year they said at the moment its dryier then last year and they arent expecting it to rain for the next month............... something irish farms would find quite hard to believe  :P

i think that forager is a 98 mart but im not quite sure on that! they have a 01 reg harvester just bought and were hoping to use the 6850 as the back up but there has been a few delays with paper work among other things, its now ment to land in the yard on monday or tuesday a the lattest.

It's a JD forager painted in Case colours to match the fleet I believe Mart!

Nice pictures Alan, the sunset with the rake is my favourite!

thanks for the comment luke, and ur your right about the harvester haha dont even ask what it costs to buy all the paint to make there colour policy work  ::). i like that picture too, took it yesterday evening

thanks mate, well i have to say its been a great experience, the two contractors i worked for here are top guys who treated me very well, brought us to plenty barbeques, fishing trips, drinking excursions and gave us time off when ever requested, etc etc. on top of that new zealand is a claas country with tonnes of stuff going on and out of all the coutries ive been in so far i havent met friendlier people any where else, and one of the biggest things going for it is how cheap everything is here compared to home. anyway id recommend for anyone who wants to broaden their minds a bit and see something different to give it a go, suir enough there will be some depressing days for whatever reasons  :( but 99% of the time things  will be good. my next destination will be australia next october id say

well initiately its dear to get here, cant remember exactly what the plane tickets cost for return and insuance etc i think some where around ?1500 or something, after that i landed here with only ?400 in my pocket  :D damn college had me broke, but that money was easily enough to last me the first few weeks till i got paid. by the time i leave here there will be a bit in the bank alrite but il have that all spent again when i go travelling in the end, but most people wouldnt be going here to make money anyway. and what i make a week here doing a modest enough hours is more then enough to have a very comfortable life, id defidently considering moving here later on

Neat pix Allan,that maize looks only just ready the guy short of feed?

Q..What is maize silage worth per kg of DM there?

thanks FP, not sure what its worth but il find out for you monday, im not sure what his hurry for cutting it was, but it was an early maturing variety and he didnt use any spray or fert  on it hence why it didnt look so flash

ya these guys like the bigger tractors, out of 6 tractors 5 of them are over 220hp, the baby of the fleet is the 5140 and thats about 125hp i think. they do a lot of maize planting and harvesting on wet peaty ground so getting stuck is common so they need all the hp they can muster. later on when the harvesting is in full swing and if the ground gets wet they put the harvester and trailers on double wheels, although this year they said at the moment its dryier then last year and they arent expecting it to rain for the next month............... something irish farms would find quite hard to believe  :P

i think that forager is a 98 mart but im not quite sure on that! they have a 01 reg harvester just bought and were hoping to use the 6850 as the back up but there has been a few delays with paper work among other things, its now ment to land in the yard on monday or tuesday a the lattest.

Cheers Alan......Will the new harvester be a Case too mate?  :) :) ;)

nice pictures mate, sure looks like your man has some good gear to play with. By the way anybody thinkin of coming here just ask alan what the beer is like  ;) After tonight you might be able to ask him what the women are like too  :D

;D i can help ye with the beer but as for the women thats a different story as you well know Lyn  ;D