Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks lads

luckly enuf we dont have to carry the bales or any silage back down that road nzsikufan :-\ it would be a nightmare anyway because its all tourists that use that road and most of them cant drive and just look at you with there mouths open when they realise they cant pass by and when they try reversing they hit the ditch. i once brought a volvo a25c up there last year just before the road was widened and there wasnt an inch to spare on eitther side of me anto of that i couldnt see the road properly as the front wheels are situated under the cab and the nose sticks away out.............. it was interesting to say the least. and when we bring the harvester up we must take the beacons off it or it will get caught in the overhanging rock.................... it would make a great add for class ie claas cuts grass anywhere even on the side of a mountain.

p morrison its a 12ft pike on the front of that shovel and if mike the driver wanted to push up a load in one go he could easily but he usually divides in two so as to better spread it and pack it

L90E looks like a stonking pit machine Alan, thats the first pics we've seen of her isn't it? Looks really really smart, will you get to have a play on her aswell? What make is the fork as it looks like the one JCB are marketing for the 436 which is made by an Irish outfit.

Nice pics Alan ;) ;)

How does the Valmet cope with the Fusion. A mate of mine has one on a NH TM 165 and it about kills it both in the field and on the road :o :o

the fusion is no bother for the valtra, shes 160hp and has excelent traction due to the full set of front weights and the wheel weights. i was a bit septical as was most of the other guys i work with including the boss and his son how she would fair out on the high ground which we do a fair bit of work on, but it wasnt a bother for her, she didnt bat an eyelid! although the last week and a half have been excellent weather wise, it ment the ground is hard so that has helped. but over the last few days it has rained a bit and the ground is slightly softer but still the baler is far less severe on the ground then the previous claas baler and hasnt left a mark due to the ballon tyres. the only problem we are having with her is that in very light crops of soft grass a few of the bales are coming off the wrapping table with big slits in the plastic. its only a problem with light crops and we are still trying to get to the bottom of it.

L90E looks like a stonking pit machine Alan, thats the first pics we've seen of her isn't it? Looks really really smart, will you get to have a play on her aswell? What make is the fork as it looks like the one JCB are marketing for the 436 which is made by an Irish outfit.

hey tris ya there the first pics of her (to all those previous doubters.... in your face  :D), shes a grand job alrite and the driver reckons she is far superior then the previous o+k L25 he was using. i pushed up one load and was very impressed with her except for the fact it has the three levers instead of the joystick to control it which is a bit of a balls, but they were saying to get the joystick fitted its an extra ?2500  :o pretty expensive!!!

once the pit silage eases off well have her in the field loading bale trailers while the tractor and loader stays in the yard so ill get a proper go of her then and be in a better position to say how good she is

not sure what make the pike is actually will check it out tomorrow

checked out the pike anyway its an OCE pike made in Co. Limerick

as for a full list of all the gear ill try

Krone Big M 06

Claas 890 06

Volvo L90E 06

Claas Arez 697 06

Valtra 8550 01

new holland 8360 99

john deere 6810 99

john deere 6800 x4 (96, 96, 96 + 97)

ford 7810

kane silage trailers x 5

kane bale trailers x 2

Mchale Fusion 06

Mchale Bale grabs x 2

john deere mowers with swarthers (not sure what models) x 3

harry west muck spreaders x 2

Major vacume tanks x 2

herze 14t dump trailers x 2

ploughs, land levelers, agitators, manure spreaders etc etc etc

Cat 320c 05

cat 320b ??

Hitachi EX200 05

Hitachi EX300 97

Volvo A25D X 2 01 + 03

Volvo A25c x 2 97s

Daf tipper trucks x 3 (05, 05, and a 06)

Scania Artic and lowloader 99

thats most of the bits and pieces prob left out some of the machinery for the agri side bu theres stuff scattered in every corner of the county

The good old 7810 - was probably the flagship of the fleet 20 yrs ago.Has he always ran primarily JD'S or was he a Ford man for a while

F

ya shes still nearly the nicest looking yoke in the yard in my opinion, she used do the wrapping the last few years but hasnt really much to do now except spread a bit of manure and stuff. theres a smotless new second hand cab going  on her in the next few weeks and although shes in pretty good condition at the moment there going to do a few jobs on her then shes going for sale.

he was always mainly divided between fords and jds.......... over the years he had alot of tws, 7700s and stuff like that and 5 years ago he was running 3 7810s as well as other tractors, one of which was the one mentioned above, the other was sold, and the other was rolled in a high field and is still parked in the corner of the yard mangled!!!

as for jds he got into them around 12-15 years ago id say, the first ones were a 3050 and 3650 or something like that then the 6800 came as the main hauling tractors and 3 years ago the 6810. i have to say although they are reliable and would go into almost any gap in one go, there not the nicest yokes to drive at all comfort wise, id much perfer the nh 8360 or the valtra which are alot better in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...

great pics & fantastic countryside , beautifull country,

thanks for those alan  :) :) :)

My pleasure

Is the cab on the 7810 that far gone that it has to be replaced??

Should get us a picture of the rolled one at some stage.....

to be honest the cab wasnt bad at all really, a small bit of rust on the mud guards and the panels just below the windscreen but it looked spotless really. however they were looking at tractors during the winter in england when they came across a mint one going for cheap, so it will just put up the price of the tractor and the one they took off is for sale too.

ill try and get a pick of the rolled one when im in the yard but theres not much left of it now just a mangled cab and a bit more

• 2 weeks later...

heres some more pictures from work this time showing some of the plant side of things, unfortuntaly is hard to get good pictures on some of these jobs as we cant really just stop up the machines to go taing pictures both for the fact of schedules, downtime and of course health and safety so these were just taken from the cab