eBay packaging

watermill

I hope I’m not the only one who gets fed up with sellers who don’t respect what they sell. I won a NH combine with maize header mint with its original trade slip, which if your like me you appreciate. The seller didn’t package it at all, just wrapped it in Brian paper cellotaping it TO THE TRADE SLIP! However careful you are removing the paper abs cellotape it damages the slip. 

5E69AED2-94E8-4732-8AAD-FDB2EA87C00C.jpeg

168192E7-C6E1-4347-B37C-27FEF8F6610D.jpeg

F56E0F8D-64EB-4385-8B9B-2728027E328E.jpeg

12 hours ago, watermill said:

I hope I’m not the only one who gets fed up with sellers who don’t respect what they sell. I won a NH combine with maize header mint with its original trade slip, which if your like me you appreciate. The seller didn’t package it at all, just wrapped it in Brian paper cellotaping it TO THE TRADE SLIP! However careful you are removing the paper abs cellotape it damages the slip. 

5E69AED2-94E8-4732-8AAD-FDB2EA87C00C.jpeg

168192E7-C6E1-4347-B37C-27FEF8F6610D.jpeg

F56E0F8D-64EB-4385-8B9B-2728027E328E.jpeg

Watched a chap on Youtube who used lighter fluid and cotton buds to remove cellotope. He put the fluid on cotton bud and gently rubbed around a small bit of tape at a time. Fluid just evaporated over time and left no marks  

one extreme to the other on ebay, have had several items of late, jiffy bags would have done, letter  box size ,no probs, arrived in boxes that sort of size, shame the seller didnt take the time to put it into another box, even if it was a snug fit, for a purist like you that is almost wrecking the box 

On 12/7/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tractorman810 said:

one extreme to the other on ebay, have had several items of late, jiffy bags would have done, letter  box size ,no probs, arrived in boxes that sort of size, shame the seller didnt take the time to put it into another box, even if it was a snug fit, for a purist like you that is almost wrecking the box 

It’s comply wrecked the box. These old Britains trade skips are full of character and unlike the horrible Tomy boxes of today 

On 12/7/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tractorman810 said:

I had a Britains yellow Major, complete with cab, turn up rattling around in a jiffy bag, I have no idea how the cab survived let alone the rest of the tractor!

B

On 12/6/2020 at 10:23 PM, watermill said:

Brains of a rocking horse, so thoughtless and unnecessary.

I always ask for items to be "well packed, please" If a paper item I ask for it to be "in an envelope stiffened with a piece of card and marked PLEASE DO NOT BEND thank you" Generally this happens, although I once received the animal transporter that looked like the proverbial Beano comic Christmas wrapped bike! It had a thin covering of bubble wrap, so it was obvious, to me, what it was. The livestock part did not travel well, being damaged in the post, the seller thought it was the post offices problem/responsibility and was not happy when he received poor feed back, well he earned it.

Can it get worse then this?

Purchased from France last week, arrived on Tuesday, and as soon as I picked it up I could feel small parts moving inside...When I opened the box there was only 1 sheet of protecting paper with no air in it ...

What a disaster...Looked inside , tractor was all over the place, broken, the see through plastic bit of the box shattered...only  , thing that is ok is the drum hose...

Such a rare find and is gone destroyed like this...I wanna cry...

purchase was made through marketplace, luckily I have paid with PayPal , I opened a dispute as seller was not taking responsibility. Actually he was accusing me of wanting to scam him .

99939970-9F44-4E51-88F7-39E76636FEEF.jpeg

5B0CF0E5-B6BB-43D8-9604-BD0065B9B261.jpeg

FB9A6C24-F4BC-4BA2-91DC-62B0A13F0258.jpeg

925E373F-2E3D-474E-9073-C085A1AE0A14.jpeg

4708F3C7-B916-4DFF-BA18-D351AEE8ECE7.jpeg

7AB87976-3C56-4C98-8D97-981EC3EF1AB4.jpeg

18FBBE40-17F6-487A-86E7-2BAFB5B68E96.jpeg

D8444140-9E36-4371-90D1-3C158B9A01F2.jpeg

395B50FA-F7F5-4731-8998-D93C0E7FA6AD.jpeg

Yup, case reviewed today..

Before that week I got the Lambo I posted on the thread , new toys bought, delivered in this box ... Not sure how it didn’t arrived smashed.

I left a neutral feedback to the seller , who immediately messaged me , saying I had to accept the risk as I paid a small a,pint of money for the tractor...to which I replied it doesn’t matter if it costed 100s or 1 pound, you , the seller , have the,responsibility of making sure the item arrives as described...not taking bloody chances 

F26005A4-E9AF-4A9F-8A5C-9C1AE1CAC385.jpeg

18 hours ago, Daniele said:

Can it get worse then this?

Purchased from France last week, arrived on Tuesday, and as soon as I picked it up I could feel small parts moving inside...When I opened the box there was only 1 sheet of protecting paper with no air in it ...

What a disaster...Looked inside , tractor was all over the place, broken, the see through plastic bit of the box shattered...only  , thing that is ok is the drum hose...

Such a rare find and is gone destroyed like this...I wanna cry...

purchase was made through marketplace, luckily I have paid with PayPal , I opened a dispute as seller was not taking responsibility. Actually he was accusing me of wanting to scam him .

99939970-9F44-4E51-88F7-39E76636FEEF.jpeg

395B50FA-F7F5-4731-8998-D93C0E7FA6AD.jpeg

Amazing the cab survived intact

What an awful packacking by some Ebayers ... I also have some bad experiences with them, so I always mention when buying something I am a serious collector that pays a lot of money for their items, so a well packed item prior to shipping would be greatly appreciated. Some of the times this works ... but I once bought a Britains Acrobat rake the seller simply put it in an paper envelop and sent it to me ... that went straight to the bin on arrival!

Archived