New Release The Case Autonomous in scale 1:32 by Schuco

James Martin Farm Modeller

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, phil phoenix said:

I cant see the point in releasing these, either in full size or model form. A new Puma 240 model would sell lots more than the driverless magnum. 

A lot of models are commissioned by the Marketing Dept of the OEMs who want to push a particular model/range/concept. I'd imagine this is the case (boom boom) with the Autonomous as it pushes the idea of Case being at the cutting edge of technology at a broad acre scale.  The retail sales are a gamble by the manufacturer, but the tooling costs will have been covered to a great extent by the Autonomous marketing budget.

I have one ordered to sit with the New Holland Hydrogen prototype and the FIAT Centenario design study models. I also have a 1:16 International Gas Turbine prototype and the MF Lunar/8S prototype is on my watch list.

• Like 2

Exactly as Stan says, to a small extent its these sort of promotional models that make the business world go round. Where I work recently secured a deal selling a considerable number of tracked dumpers to one of the UK's biggest plant hire firms, the deal clincher, 20 models for the director to give out to staff and customers. These are 1:43rd scale construction models which is no good for collectors as they want 1:50th, but that's not what they were commissioned for, it was purely to help increase sales to the people buying the real machines, not the toys. As an external viewpoint my manager got one of the models and thought it was great in 1:43rd as when sat next to the 1:50th scale competitors model it looks like a bigger machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Exactly as Stan says, to a small extent its these sort of promotional models that make the business world go round. Where I work recently secured a deal selling a considerable number of tracked dumpers to one of the UK's biggest plant hire firms, the deal clincher, 20 models for the director to give out to staff and customers. These are 1:43rd scale construction models which is no good for collectors as they want 1:50th, but that's not what they were commissioned for, it was purely to help increase sales to the people buying the real machines, not the toys. As an external viewpoint my manager got one of the models and thought it was great in 1:43rd as when sat next to the 1:50th scale competitors model it looks like a bigger machine.

There you go James,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1