CTF sorted, ??

catkom3

Interesting, but hardly a revolution or a new concept. Gantry systems have been around for a long time but never seen any significant commercial success. Cotswold farmer David Dowler is probably the most well known designer of gantry tractors in the UK. He developed his first all the way back in the 1970s and a later version he built was taken up by the Silsoe Research Institute with little success. I do wonder if concepts like the gantry for certain applications were in fact way ahead of their time, and now we're entering the era of commercially available driver-less tractors that this type of configuration may actually suit that technology one day. Same with a tool carrier tractor i've just done a feature on for Classic Tractor which again was far from being a commercial success but in years to come could potentially be suited to the driver-less era.

13 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

no one to operate, but will always need someone to maintain,fix and program them. 

You will always require mechanics yes, but Komatsu alone have over 400 trucks quite a few can carry over 400ton, World wide fitted with Autonomous tech, That's a whole lot of jobs gone.

https://www.komatsu.com/en/newsroom/2021/komatsu-mining-customers-surpass-4-billion-tons-milestone/

Regards

Joe.

Nice to see a former classmate in the video. The video was partly filmed on his 15,000 hectares and 1,600 cows farm in the Ukraine where he lives since 2003. I visited him in 2013. 

https://veeteelt.nl/foto/nederlander-op-oekraiens-melkpak

The machine seems an interesting concept to me but not sure what its chances are with a high initial investment and comparing it to what´s currently on the market.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1