Looking for a new Forage Harvester

PDH

Currently we run a Jaguar 860 (the Norscot model), looking to upgrade.

So what is the best model around taking detail, quality and price into account. Don't mind the manufacturer and I'd like to keep the price down. Do like the new Marge New Holland but price is a huge problem.

Thoughts/recommendations please.

Thanks, P

Thanks for the thoughts guys. After a lot of hunting around last night I've come to conclusion it's a Marge New Holland or Claas that is the best. Now I need to find one at the right price!

Both come out at around £200 with two headers currently, so need to start saving! Thanks again.

P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Cheapest I've seen the New Holland online is £199.99.  Not sure whether you would get it any less from an NH dealer?  Maybe worth checking with Claas dealer too if you decide to go for that one?

Thanks Joe. Yep seen the NH at that price, and they are not far from me either. I do need to see if any of the NH or Claas dealers have a better deal. again there is a Class dealer 6 miles away so a visit is planned.

There is no rush, a few show coming up as well in the near future.

P

Continuing the hunt for a Marge NH or Claas today I came across this being sold locally - a Norscot Claas Jaguar 900 Speedstar with RU600 maize header, boxed and with a separate boxed PU380 grass pickup included.

For £25 all in rude to say no!!

The grass header says PU300 but in reality its a 380

IMG_9201.jpg

IMG_9202.jpg

Edited by PDH
Typo
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, PDH said:

Continuing the hunt for a Marge NH or Claas today I came across this being sold locally - a Norscot Claas Jaguar 900 Speedstar with RU600 maize header, boxed and with a separate boxed PU380 grass pickup included.

For £25 all in rude to say no!!

The grass header says PU300 but in reality its a 380

IMG_9201.jpg

IMG_9202.jpg

Absolute bargain... Good find.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Photos of the model. Possibly the best diecast model I've seen, really heavy, weighs in at 2 1/4 kilos so plenty of metal. Paint finish is without blemish as far as I can see. All in all 10 out of 10 to Marge

So the Marge New Holland FR650 Forage Harvester is a totally recommended!

IMG_9251.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

IMG_9255.jpeg

IMG_9256.jpeg

IMG_9258.jpeg

IMG_9259.jpeg

IMG_9254.jpeg

IMG_9257.jpeg

Edited by PDH
  • Like 7