The best modern 1/32 forager and combine?

Stabliofarmer

Question

Good morning all, I'm working on a new range of silage/grain trailer kits and as part of the promo I want to get better photos for marketing which means building some dioramas and having the gear to fill trailers. My question therefore is what in your opinion is the best modern large forage harvester and combine you can currently get? Marge, Wiking, UH etc.

Main considerations:

• Overall detail
  • Functionality/poseability
  • Bang for your buck

Hopefully its an interesting discussion, I'm not overly sure on what options are out there?

Cheers!

James

10 answers to this question

I do rate the wiking claas jaguar 860 well from a functionality standpoint. Not as expensive as some of the Marge ones . Couldn’t comment on the quality of the Marge ones myself as I don’t have one but from what I’ve heard they’re very good 

As far as a forage harvester is concerned my personal choice is a Marge New Holland FR650. Expensive but great detail and better model representation than others I've seen.

For a combine my choice currently is a UH New Holland CR10.90,  not really looked at the latest Marge Claas releases as they are expensive and I'm not a fan of Terra Trac versions. Really do like the first release of the the UH Tucano.

Will soon be in the market for a 2023 combine so first choice is likely to be a Marge.

P

PS Not necessarily a New Holland fanatic!!

Edited by PDH

I'd say hands down the Marge Claas Lexion is the best combine model around.  I wish I could say it was the Agco Ideal, the model is not as well made.  The Lexion is very well made, and virtually all metal.  They are not cheap but most high quality combines are pricey nowadays.

As for forage harvester, I can't really comment as I only have the one in my collection but it's a decent one, a Krone Big X 1180 by Ros.  Its better made than their combine, has various opening panels, different length spouts and grass and maize headers, got mine for around £85 as well.

20220813_191140.jpg

20220821_214733.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the input so far, I think the Marge NH and the UH Claas Trion are top of my list at the moment, I think the Lexion offerings are just going to be too big, the diorama would end up huge and the combine would overwhelm the model trailer actually being marketed!

Edited by Stabliofarmer

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Thank you for the input so far, I think the Marge NH and the UH Claas Trion are top of my list at the moment, I think the Lexion offerings are just going to be too big, the diorama would end up huge and the combine would overwhelm the model trailer actually being marketed!

Do you mean Wiking Class Trion - not UH?

P