Dismantling and tyre suggestions for ROS Fendt

CX820Joe

Question

I’ve got this older Ros Fendt 720, the tyres aren’t the best, and I know a few people on here have swapped them.  
Firstly, I wanted to know how to remove the rear wheels, they don’t appear to be on a through axle and be twisted off? 
then if I get the old tyres off, what will fit on the rims to replace them? 

601F4DB5-506C-47D1-A35F-915F609645ED.jpeg

4 answers to this question

Pull off the front hubs with pliers to reveal screw heads Joe.  Then get a small flat head screwdriver and ease it under the the rear wheels grey hub cap and it will just pop off.  The rears are screwed on as well, so unscrew and remove the wheels. Heat the wheels in hot water to easily remove tyres and fit something else😄

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

Pull off the front hubs with pliers to reveal screw heads Joe.  Then get a small flat head screwdriver and ease it under the the rear wheels grey hub cap and it will just pop off.  The rears are screwed on as well, so unscrew and remove the wheels. Heat the wheels in hot water to easily remove tyres and fit something else😄

Im sure i used a britains valtra T rear wheels and tyres for the rear and the britains valtra T front tyres on the ros front wheels Joe

There is some wiking fendt 828 wheels on ebay at the moment but they might be too big for a 700 series really and the tyres aren't great either but cheapish.

I'd go for U.H valtra t wheels like phil did or maybe U.H kubota m7172 rims and tyres would look good,problem is finding donor models for a cheap price now.

Thank you for the tips and suggestions.  I am not sure I'd buy the Kubota for its wheels, but the Valtra sounds a less costly option.  Would the rears screw back on like the old wheels, or can you use the Britain's axle as well?