Barth K140

On 12/24/2023 at 2:33 PM, Anderson Agri said:

Look forward to seeing this. I think I have the brochure for one of these if you would like me to scan it if it's any help! 

I have a few brochures on these already but would be interested to see which one you have.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:21 PM, super6 said:

The 6 cylinder ones used some County components, bonnet and fuel tank being the obvious parts but I don't doubt they used other items.

I'm also drawing up 6-cyl County's, so it was my intention to do a 6-cyl version as well at some point.  The engine, tinwork, etc was all from County (the engine being to County spec with County sump, etc).  But the rear axle trumpets were the original Ford parts.  All the Barth trenchers were also fitted Howard-County reduction boxes.  An alternative to the tracked machine was a wheeled 4-cyl or 6-cyl which used a complete County as base unit. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Great bit of casting there Andy, is there any particular reason you're casting all the links rather than printing a batch, I assume the master pattern is printed?

Yes printing the pattern.  I'm not overly keen on the 3d printed resin, it's rather brittle, whereas the cast resin seems a bit more flexible before it breaks.  Also I have my printer set up for fine detail prints which means it takes forever to print anything, whereas I can print one pattern, and knock out a batch of links every 20 mins using castings.  I'm using cast resin for the main parts, and small high detail parts like the water pump, alternator or dynamo, etc will be 3d printed.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, jmd said:

This one paul although not the best picture 

Aye, that's the one. A bit muddy wasn't it! We gave up walking round the auction on Saturday, ground was sodden. A lovely stream in the car park too.