Ford 9700/TW20 differences

CX820Joe

I’ve just been watching the Farming With Ford DVD and one of the featured tractors is a Ford 9700 - what I was wondering is what visual differences there are between it and a TW20?  It looks to me as though the 9700 had a different front axle and rear wheels and taller air cleaner but otherwise very similar?  

IMG_2319.jpeg

Edited by CX820Joe

42 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I’ve just been watching the Farming With Ford DVD and one of the featured tractors is a Ford 9700 - what I was wondering is what visual differences there are between it and a TW20?  It looks to me as though the 9700 had a different front axle and rear wheels and taller air cleaner but otherwise very similar?  

IMG_2319.jpeg

Different front axle Joe. Everything else is much the same.  The engine and power rating is almost identical. Rear wheel variations are common between them. Front wheels are different. 

8 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Different front axle Joe. Everything else is much the same.  The engine and power rating is almost identical. Rear wheel variations are common between them. Front wheels are different. 

Dont know if this is any help Joe but i did a 9700 2 wheel conversion and i used a britains TW 10 as a base for it, along with some uh ford bits

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7019.png