Fendt in action Day 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics again,why do you tend to use the two trailers linked up as aposed to having one large 14ton one  or similar like we use over here??? [glow=red,2,300]is it a space thing on the farms ?[/glow]

EH surely 2 trailers use more space than one!

With the 2 trailers that seems to be a continetal thing also with their lorries.they do use large rear axle trailers but not to often.

As with the 818 he didnt buy it or hire it,the farmers best friend from his school days is the chief rep for Fendt in this area,most years he gets to play with somthing new

With the 2 trailers that seems to be a continetal thing also with their lorries.they do use large rear axle trailers but not to often.

As with the 818 he didnt buy it or hire it,the farmers best friend from his school days is the chief rep for Fendt in this area,most years he gets to play with somthing new

how lucky is that guy  :o

i think the trailer issue has more to do with how they are hitched up , at one time a pick up hitch was an optional extra ,i think they still are in euroland ?,only in the last 20yrs or so the uk were they classed as a standard fitment , whereas the euro tractors came with a clevis hitch that was fitted above the pto shaft near the center of the axle but not quite as high as the top link .

If you look at pics 1 ,6 ,7 ,10 ,11 & 13 follow the drawbar from the trailers to the tractor & you'll see that they don't go down to the level of where a pick up hitch would be .

If for example each one of those trailers were to hold 10tons, you couldn't expect that little deutz 3.90, to try & hitch up a 20ton load with out putting a great deal of stress on the rear end & the tyres :o , but it can pull it with no extra stress required than to just keep it moving  :) no doubt Gromtrigger  could of course explain it better :)

can you get a good pic of the back end of any of these tractors gggb?

i think the trailer issue has more to do with how they are hitched up , at one time a pick up hitch was an optional extra ,i think they still are in euroland ?,only in the last 20yrs or so the uk were they classed as a standard fitment , whereas the euro tractors came with a clevis hitch that was fitted above the pto shaft near the center of the axle but not quite as high as the top link .

If you look at pics 1 ,6 ,7 ,10 ,11 & 13 follow the drawbar from the trailers to the tractor & you'll see that they don't go down to the level of where a pick up hitch would be .

If for example each one of those trailers were to hold 10tons, you couldn't expect that little deutz 3.90, to try & hitch up a 20ton load with out putting a great deal of stress on the rear end & the tyres :o , but it can pull it with no extra stress required than to just keep it moving  :) no doubt Gromtrigger  could of course explain it better :)

can you get a good pic of the back end of any of these tractors gggb?

makes sence really marcus,never thought of it that way before

I've been thinking that they are also easier to turn, at least compared to a rear dual axle, less scrubing ??? And you might also get less compaction on headlands as the front and rear bogies take different routes ???

And the pickup thing...you don't need a tractor to pull them ???

what ? who said that?

Me, just thinking it :) more (non agri) unimogs and EPA tractors?

i recon a good team of shire horses could pull them with the right harness' but poor bessie would have a bit of a job on her hands trying to pick up a conventional 10ton double axle trailer , unless of course you stuck the drawbay up the poor animals ar..... whoa there  up look at that a spelling mistake  :-\ ;):D

most euro land tractors have this arangement & have done for years , i spose , it all comes from the days of horse & cart , all needed to be done was tochange the wat you coupled from horse to tractoe , thus utilising the same machine , but i spect it's more like you can pull much more than a normal trailer

we are all told not to pull from the top link position , but in our case thats because there is a weight over & above the center the pulling axis, weight pulls down ,the tyre tread digs in & up she'll rear.

with the euro set up theres no weight bearing down on the rear of the tractor, so if the trailer hits an obsruction the tractor will efectively just sit there & spin or dig itself into a hole . 

The tractor I drive has a euro hitch fitted (after market here)the trailers I pull would be called euro trailers as well I think.I like that set up for pulling trailers,only down side is with no weight on the back end there is a bit of wheel slip in damp condtions.

There's a pic of that back end on here some were.  :)

Na don't  like, have to get out of cab to hook up trailer?? 1 vote to the puck up hitch lazy option please

that was a quote nearly worthy of a numpty there ricky  :-\

most of the euro clevis hitches have auto pins & the drawbars are suspended by heavy duty springs & you still have to get out of the cab anyway for the trailer braking & hydraulic pipes  ::)  :)