A Short Insight To The Life Of Powerstar's Part Time Job

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A farmer near us has retired for about 4 years and all his machinery is knackered and getting minimal use, he has a bale trailer up under the brambles somewhere, I remember it being there, just had to locate it. He said we could borrow it for draying in bales. So I went to pick it up, then we would have two trailers draying, our own and the rented machine. Took me a while to dig it out, had to "drag" it along to free the wheels, bit of oil and grease here and there, light still worked!! and set off with it.

Today I picked it up on the 6640 and went off with it, is a nice trailer to tow aswell. Another chap we have in part time called Jeff, prefers the Ford 3000 as he is quite an elderly chap so he picked up our trailer on the 3000 and my boss had the MF 4245 and Browns flat 8.

I hadn't had time to wash the Ford from sh!t spreading so you'll have to excuse the dung splattered about! But here I am with the trailer in question, And I have to say I really liked it.

Had a go at buckraking and rolling the pit for a few trailer loads, never done it before, it's ok but a demanding job and you have to keep the sides hard otherwise you taper the pit off to much and loose space. Wouldn't mind a longer stint if I had something with more power, buckrake on the front and duals to roll the edges easier  ;)