A Short Insight To The Life Of Powerstar's Part Time Job

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i enjoyed that allso im going to the local nut house tomorrow ,,,,a few cave men run it

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  they have a few inters (home of that 454 that has seized up that i shot last week) and one ford, a mccormick, a  laborginy and a case ih

4 wd with QD loader im hopeing they are going to be up to something tomorow

so if theyr'e are i wont be on here il be on one of there death traps 

Had a go at buckraking and rolling the pit for a few trailer loads, never done it before, it's ok but a demanding job and you have to keep the sides hard otherwise you taper the pit off to much and loose space. Wouldn't mind a longer stint if I had something with more power, buckrake on the front and duals to roll the edges easier  ;)

can never really undrstand the duals on a pit ? the whole idea is to get weight down on the heap thus minimising the risk of wasteage , a friend of mine used to use sprayer wheels on the furthest wheel settings  when buckraking & had very little in the way of waste when it was uncovered , got to have tightly compacted clamp to get the best results , duals just spread the weight of the machine  :-\

you shouldn't have to go at it at an angle  :-\ if you do it right the sides should be banked up tight , then fill the middle , so when driving along the sides, the tractor should by rights lean in towards the pit, not out towards the sides  :)

trust me on this  ;)

• 2 weeks later...