What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Thanks Susan... wish you'd been there cos you'd have loved it... next year then :)

(Still a bit sad though... seems a long way off doesn't it :'()

I had a great day at Bursledon but would love to have been at Toytrac as well.

Plenty of other opportunities - you could become a member of our model club and then you can join us with Holly Farm at some of our displays!

Been making a tipping 10' x 6' trailer for my 1/16th UH Power Major. At this stage I've made it out of cardboard to see if it looks right before attempting making one in plastic. I didn't want it to look clumsy or ill proportioned. :P::)

As there are few affordable or realistic looking implements for the 1/16th scale; I thought I would make my own. The ideas being simple ones to start with, like the above, a bale trailer, transport box, yard scraper, a Ferguson or Bomford type cultivator. The bale trailer will probably be another tipping trailer, like the Wheatley or Weeks 3-4 ton models, with a 3' bale extension and hay ladders.

That should keep me busy over the winter, and most of the implements mentioned should be within my capabilities. I don't have a lot of money to spend on new models, although I do have a Banner Lane UH MF 135 on order and a UH 135 and Power Major in 1/32nd scale. They were ordered in early August from Farmmodels. They were supposed to be available in September................not sure which one though.  ;):D

Just back from a Model Toy show in Banbridge, not much in the way of farm stuff  :(  :(

though i've been told that there is another show more specific to Farm related stuff outside Banbridge on Thursday 8th November, im definately looking forward to that!!!

cheers

Noel

Chasing cattle who did a runner to get away from the lorry

Chasing more cattle over a mile of muddy fields and tracks to move them to another field for collection by the same lorry

Riding on the back of a quad bike when not hiking

Getting smeared with pig Shhhhhht because the quad is the pig man's and I now have to wash my trousers

Makes a change from book keeping.