What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

ok am tryin to sort that out, and no, its not x rated!
I started a Topic in General Discussion somewhere, you could add to that.

Today, in the rain I might add; I have been trimming conifer hedges. Hate the damned things!!

I started a Topic in General Discussion somewhere, you could add to that.

Today, in the rain I might add; I have been trimming conifer hedges. Hate the damned things!!

There's only one good way to trim a conifer hedge.........................with a chainsaw at the base ;D

Buried my 12 year old English Springer.  :(  :'(

Sorry to hear about your loss. The bad part of having pets. Some people don't realize just how hard coping with the loss of a beloved pet can be. Animals give so much pleasure in their short lives. We lost several of our cats and kittens last year. One cat in particular always used to come and meet us on our way home after hearing my wifes footsteps or my car coming up the road. Coming home and not being greeted by her was the hardest part to get used to, and we still miss her even now. She was only three years old and died horribly after being run over. At least she was with people she knew when she died, and didn't die slowly or alone under a hedge somewhere unknown to us.

Once again I'm sorry for your loss and share your grief. :(

Thanks all for the kind words. Yes, part of the family after having her for that length of time, especially from a pup but time goes so quickly and it is an inevitable thing but I still have my hand full with her 5 year old son (doctored) and her 3 year old granddaughter, trouble is the granddaughter will miss her Granny as they slept together all cuddled up and today she's been sat looking at the outside door thinking that Granny will be in at any moment, she'll soon forget her.

as some of you know i am a ta (teaching assistant with children with disabilities downs,blind autistic etc)and today i whent horse riding with a young lad who dont like animals when ever we go on trips (which we do every week) to farms and zoo etc as soon as he see's a animal he flops to the floor till you take him back to the bus but to day it was just me and him after 10 minits he got his helmit on and we made our way to the paddock and i was getting a edgey cos i sort of new what he was going to do anyway we got to the paddock and stayed outside the fence so i said to him that we are here for horse riding and he cant site on the floor cos it is very very muddy. when we got inside the paddock i said to him do you want to stroke the horse he said no but after some time he did now this is a very big achievement for a child of his condition so was thinking can i be cheeky and get him on so they got some steps out and up he got i could not beleave my eyes he was up on the hore walking round.i cant beleave i am saying this but i could of cryed.when we got back to school i had the teacher and the head saying what a asset i am.so my day has been the best day for years.sorry for the essay :D :D :D

as some of you know i am a ta (teaching assistant with children with disabilities downs,blind autistic etc)and today i whent horse riding with a young lad who dont like animals when ever we go on trips (which we do every week) to farms and zoo etc as soon as he see's a animal he flops to the floor till you take him back to the bus but to day it was just me and him after 10 minits he got his helmit on and we made our way to the paddock and i was getting a edgey cos i sort of new what he was going to do anyway we got to the paddock and stayed outside the fence so i said to him that we are here for horse riding and he cant site on the floor cos it is very very muddy. when we got inside the paddock i said to him do you want to stroke the horse he said no but after some time he did now this is a very big achievement for a child of his condition so was thinking can i be cheeky and get him on so they got some steps out and up he got i could not beleave my eyes he was up on the hore walking round.i cant beleave i am saying this but i could of cryed.when we got back to school i had the teacher and the head saying what a asset i am.so my day has been the best day for years.sorry for the essay :D :D :D

you must have been very proud indeed dwain ;) makes the day worth while when this sort of thing happens :) just one thing be careful what he gets on ;):D (sorry couldn't resist it mate ;))

sounds like a great day out for you mate, nice when things go right aint it

Well done Dwain... top bloke you are buddy... bought a lump to my throat reading that story  :) - I take my hat off to you mate... I did some work for severely handicapped people in the late 70's when I was in my final year at school.... not an easy job - but rewarding I am sure  ;D

Well done Dwain... top bloke you are buddy... bought a lump to my throat reading that story  :) - I take my hat off to you mate... I did some work for severely handicapped people in the late 70's when I was in my final year at school.... not an easy job - but rewarding I am sure  ;D

thanx mark i do love my job,very diffarent from when i was on the farm  :).