What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Having a week off this week, been to Cambridge Machinery Sales today, shame boss wasn't there too as there was a mint condition 2002 JD 6810 Autopower that went for £12000 :o :o

Having a week off this week, been to Cambridge Machinery Sales today, shame boss wasn't there too as there was a mint condition 2002 JD 6810 Autopower that went for £12000 :o :o

And you didn't buy it for me i'd off given you a grand on that  :'( :'( :'( :'(

If I'd have had the money I'd have jumped at that, some mint 6610's only made around £12k as well, lots of good value tractors, mint 7710 with 4500 hours on it made just over £19k which I thought was good value

toppin then the headstock cracked all the way round and came apart so had to limp back to the yard  ::) then had to help a cow that had prolasped but unfortunaly later died so :( so hes in the shed on the bottle  :) but on a plus weve had 3 calves today 1 set of twins and niblo in the shed  :D;D so thats 3 sets of twins we have had out of this heard and there have only been about 10 calved :);D

toppin then the headstock cracked all the way round and came apart so had to limp back to the yard  ::) then had to help a cow that had prolasped but unfortunaly later died so :( so hes in the shed on the bottle  :) but on a plus weve had 3 calves today 1 set of twins and niblo in the shed  :D;D so thats 3 sets of twins we have had out of this heard and there have only been about 10 calved :);D

Twins arent always good lad  :-\

twins are good if the cow dies least she left 2 behind her ;)

No way, that then leaves us with a big problem trying to foster the damned things or hand feeding them, along with a large bill for carcass disposal, you can bet its always the best cow that dies as well with a few more breeding years in her yet. We did lose one cow this spring along with both her calves, they were big'uns too, 3rd year in a row she'd had twins!

Twin heifers wont get in calve .... or can have defomed calves if they .... thats what the old farmers say around here  :-\

and twins are normally wee screw-balls and all .... one good calve is better than two screw - balls  :D

Birth one get one free is good. It's no more hassle to foster/rear two than it is one. Plus the second one pays for the carcass removal! ;)

Today, bit of clearance work for a new mobile going in at a primary school. Hedgetrimming and then to the house to beat the living daylights out of the brickwork around the fireplace. Whoever put it in did a damn good job. Kangoo hammer for the otherside maybe in order!