What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Sat up at Cheffins, Cambs. Got here at 8am which wahs good going considering I left at 4am and made a diesel stop. Straps all off and put tidy for my reload. Spares all labelled up with their lot numbers, now just waiting to get unloaded, even at 8am I was the eleventh artic through the gate  :-\

Been chopping logs up father in laws today. Bit of manual axe swinging makes a nice change from the day job on the Palax processor. Especially when rewarded with a huge roast pork dinner with roast spuds, parsnips and carrots and broccoli and cauliflower. Mmmmm Mmm!!  8) Infact I have eaten like a King this weekend, last night we went to The Well in Bulkington where I has flat cap mushroom under grilled goats cheese to start, rare sirloin steak for main and a Victoria Plumb creme veiled for desert. Friday night was Howards christmas meal, about 60 of us all told. Roast pigeon to start, stuffed loin of lamb for main and Baileys chocolate cheesecake to finish up. After that and a few ciders, the Poles got us all to join them in one of their past times........ Downing vodka :D :D ::)

Hope you didn't eat anything else between those meals Tris  :of:laugh:

I've been sorting out some logs today as well, Brother in Law has been around the boundary of the woods at the bottom of the valley from us with an 18 ton slew ditching and creating a track. As a consequence theres lots of felled Ash, Alder, Hazel, Holly and Hawthorn there for sawing up.

Well my daughters always say that Christmas hasn't started until they see the Coca Cola Christmas lorry advert on the tele. So they were besides themselves when they heard it was doing a tour, today it was a Tesco's in Warrington so I had to take them for a peek.

CocalCola003.jpg

CocalCola007.jpg

CocalCola009.jpg

CocalCola008.jpg

What is it you are doing nowadays then, Chris?

Self-employed garden maintenance worker, occasional (but frequent at this time of year) delivery driver, occasional farm worker (still hoping to build on this, even if it does bring in less cash than the other two))

trying to find gifts for people who give no indication of what they want, whilst trying my hardest to avoid town...... Models can only cover certain people... ::) might have to go down route of gift cards and that way its nae my fault it doesn't fit :laugh:

as for the other person, what the hell are you supposed to give someone who has all the tools in the world?????

BAH HUMBUG!!