What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Cor blow me down that's some iron in the ground to plant rape.

the discs make a nice tilth for the seeds which are spread behind where the six legs are which are in the ground about 10 inches or 25cm the second press helps to push it all down to save the moisture in the ground also having it pressed down helps to stop the slugs eating to much as you can see its all done in one pass so its quicker in the end

do you use contractors for all your planting then smithy?? as the jds not yours from memory

for me, done a handover today as I am now manager for 2 weeks, got meetings galore to deal with next week, great for a person who's normally dozing of within 20 mins of our team briefs most times :laugh: :laugh: 

• Like 2

do you use contractors for all your planting then smithy?? as the jds not yours from memory

for me, done a handover today as I am now manager for 2 weeks, got meetings galore to deal with next week, great for a person who's normally dozing of within 20 mins of our team briefs most times :laugh: :laugh:

the John Deere planting my rape belongs to Guy Hitchcock he farms next door to me I often go over his to help when he needs a extra driver

Been at Addenbrookes since 6:30am with my partner, she's currently in theatre having stents fitted to correct a collapsing vein in her head, carries a 1 in 200 risk of stroke but it's essential.

I want to go to bed!

Yesterday, rented a Mercedes Sprint and moved my son to Hastings to start new job! 17 1/2 hours driving and loading/unloading... He said that his new flat is a ground floor one, but it's a victorian house and the 'ground floor' is up about 20 steps... Bleugh!

Finally got to bedat 2 this morning... At 6 I was up again, to return the van and then get up to my wife's business to do some work for her.

This afternoon I've got a routine health check at the doc's... That should provide some interesting results! Last night, I was getting hungry and found a little chippy in the wilds of Kent. Bought some chips and fried mushrooms. Looked good! Ate them and found it was like eating mushrooms while drinkning half a pnt of cooking oil! The aftertaste was... interesting!

I dread to think what it's done to my cholesterol, etc.!!! :-)

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20140803_185435.jpgattachicon.gif20140803_185307_1.jpgattachicon.gif20140803_184814.jpgattachicon.gif20140803_185443.jpg

bit late with these photos as it was previous weekend I put my son Wayne on the baler the wife Julie was on the tractor and trailer carting and I was on the flat eight loading we started at 12pm and by 9pm we had baled and carted 900 bales

you didn't have any trouble with the NH baler did you?

must do some serious acres of beet to warrant buying that one smithy

Yes he covers about 2000 acres but it does depend on the weather and how long the campaign lasts this year Bury St Edmunds factory opens on the 15th September so he plans to start lifting on the 10th as the factory likes to how there is a stock pile of beet ready for processing

Do you help with all 2000 then ? Or just the more local stuff to you

I normally just do the local farms but have done some of the distance farms in the past.When he is away lifting beet and his father needs a hand in his yard I go over and help load FIBROPHOS FERTILISER as he stores and blends it on the farm