What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Wow been a long time since I been here.  I am looking for a good home for two MF custom made wagons that a guy John built for me.  They are heavy metal and been kept in plastic cases.  I could sell them here in the states but most yanks are not interested in 1/32.  So if anyone knows of a good home I am willing to get them back to the UK.....Rick..

It's been so long this post may be not appropriate so if it gets removed, that is ok...I will learn how to do it correctly.

Pops

• Like 1

Been working for my mates again at BARKING ENGINERING again first job was to cut in half 30 oil drums ready for the barbecue rush then I made 5 of the 10 panels and covered them in chicken wire and light steel sheet as they are to be used to keep some cats in

post-1115-0-42925300-1417473635_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-41779400-1417473729_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-37622000-1417473828_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-48670100-1417473937_thumb.jp

nice picture of your neighbour drilling kale ol we could do with some of that dust over here at moment as while I was away over weekend we had 31mm of rain and another 11mm last night so will not be spraying the rape this week as more rain is forecast

Yer it's one extreme or the next, that rapid made a mess last year when drilling in the wet.

Today I learned a new skill!...................... Filleting Turbot!!!

Recently our company has started refuelling Scallop dredgers for Scott Trawlers of Dumfries. Occasionally we get offered fish if they have plenty on board. They seem to get quite a lot of Turbot and Monkfish, although I think they sell the Monkfish.

Hardly surprising really, as Monkfish tail sells for £20:00 a Kg in our local Tesco's.  ::)

Today I learned a new skill!...................... Filleting Turbot!!!

Recently our company has started refuelling Scallop dredgers for Scott Trawlers of Dumfries. Occasionally we get offered fish if they have plenty on board. They seem to get quite a lot of Turbot and Monkfish, although I think they sell the Monkfish.

Hardly surprising really, as Monkfish tail sells for £20:00 a Kg in our local Tesco's.  ::)

Congratulations, Will.  Now you can fillet all flat fish.  I must say I can do that too but when it comes to other types of fish I get stuck with a lot of disconnected bones. 

Monkfish is very expensive - I actually prefer the common dogfish (rock salmon or huss depending on the county you are in).  Actually so is Turbot - the King of fish I have heard it called.  My fishmonger had turbot the other day at £30 a time and I was tempted but it was far too big for a meal for one.

Congratulations, Will.  Now you can fillet all flat fish.  I must say I can do that too but when it comes to other types of fish I get stuck with a lot of disconnected bones. 

Monkfish is very expensive - I actually prefer the common dogfish (rock salmon or huss depending on the county you are in).  Actually so is Turbot - the King of fish I have heard it called.  My fishmonger had turbot the other day at £30 a time and I was tempted but it was far too big for a meal for one.

I hadn't realised it was that expensive............... I know it is popular in quality restaurants. Maybe that's why you dont getoffered it in the local chippy !!!!!.

I also didn't realise that you don't need to take its "Engine and gearbox" out to  prepare  it!  I didn't, gut it, and thank you Youtube for showing me how to do it!

Been spreading muck today with a demo Claas 810 I must say I really liked it. we have this out as a shaft on the front axle of my Claas 640 has went and there waiting on a new one to come in. but once again great service from sellars and our sales man

Edited by MF-ROB
  • Like 1

just been and picked up the wife's new bm 2 series active tourer , had to drive it out of the show room for her as she was nervous as hell, that said I am now at home having just finished all the house work, as she's gone for a drive, now been gone an hr, and I ain't filling it up for her again either :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 4

up at 5am to spray the oil seed rape with chemical called ASTRO-KERB while the frost is still in the ground it is to take out Annual grass &broad leaf weeds done by 9am and sun was coming out for a nice day so went and sprayed 22 acres of winter wheat with 3 chemicals called Exceed sx/ Omaha/ Supasect first two are for annual grass &broad leaf weeds supasect is for barley yellow dwarf virus finished by lunch time but ground was getting very sticky by then . in the afternoon I steam cleaned the tractor and sprayer washed out tank and topped it up of antifreeze as that's the last spraying for this year

It is disgusting that people STEAL FROM CHARITY SHOPS!  My daughter-in-law works in a charity shop and she has found clothing on the racks that have no tickets, smell of perfume (and more) and would never be offered for sale as they are such poor quality and sometimes so filthy they would be dumped in the skip.  Te thieves come into the shop, select a range clothing go into the changing room and put them on.  The old clothes are hung on a rail before they walk out wearing their "new" clothes..

My "beloved" cousin suggested I bought a Woodcraft kit and I have spent several days deciphering the instructions. Today, having realised there is a small flaw in the instructions, I have been assembling the thing and it has taken me most of the day at that.  All the swearing and sore thumbs was worth it as it looks the business.  All I have to do now is apply a coat of thinned pva and stick it together.

post-1145-0-85539500-1419175693_thumb.jp

Oh yes - I have to stick the eyes in place too

Edited by Leakeyvale
  • Like 2

My "beloved" cousin suggested I bought a Woodcraft kit and I have spent several days deciphering the instructions. Today, having realised there is a small flaw in the instructions, I have been assembling the thing and it has taken me most of the day at that.  All the swearing and sore thumbs was worth it as it looks the business.  All I have to do now is apply a coat of thinned pva and stick it together.

attachicon.gifThe Dragon.jpg

Oh yes - I have to stick the eyes in place too

I can remember kits like these, at least a similar version for children.Mine were dinosaur skeletons and I recall having enormous trouble getting the wooden parts to slot together as instructed (I was about 7 or 8 at the time). I don't think mine were glued together though.

I can remember kits like these, at least a similar version for children.Mine were dinosaur skeletons and I recall having enormous trouble getting the wooden parts to slot together as instructed (I was about 7 or 8 at the time). I don't think mine were glued together though.

If you go to the website there are a few more instructions such as "brush over a mix of PVA and water" (they give the volume of each) and a comment that small pieces may fall out!  As for you being 7 or 8 - all I can say is YOU WERE A CHILD PRODIGY!

They still do dinosaurs and birds as well as other things.  Once assembled this is quite robust but glue is a necessity as the claws and whiskers(?  or whatever) keep falling off. Other sections such as the leg pieces need sticking together long with parts of the tail.

PS there were 148 pieces in this

Edited by Leakeyvale

I've been at Shoreham harbour (Sussex) all day monitoring the unloading of a small ship load of Kerosene............ 500 tonnes of it!

I had to meet a "Huffler" who arrives on the Pilots boat. His job is to ensure that the ship is correctly moored and positioned. I had to release our marine unloading arm and make sure the arm was correctly bolted to the ship.

A sips surveyor has to meet the ship and check the paperwork and hold contents prior to unloading. He then takes samples for analysis. These samples are tested in our laboratory; and if they are up to spec, the ship is unloaded. We monitor the tank contents on our site and carry out safety checks during the process.

Once the ship is unloaded; the surveyor checks the quantities delivered and makes sure the ship is actually empty, and we make sure the marine unloading arm is safely removed and stowed..

Our company now refuels a lot of boats. This is new to us and it seems really weird that we now have to carry life jackets on our road tankers!!

finished work today and finished at 1.pm,after our work party last weekend where a meal and all drink was free plus a bonus,our boss took out 5 of us for an all day breakfast,very kind of him ,he doesnt have to do any of this,i thought a few beers for him from me was the least i could do,i couldnt believe i was the only one that done this,i thought the other guys were very ungrateful,but there you go,

• Like 1