What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Did one load down to Chard his morning and tipped apple pomace at Snowdon Energy's anaerobic digester, not a million miles from Frogmary Farm. .. which I'd only heard of since reading about it on here! Sundays we can fit a longer trip in while the cider mill cleaner their lines. It's been a bit slow the last few days as the evaporator isn't getting the water/steam out of the pressed juice fast enough so the presses are running at half speed. Just now, this old 143 450 came in genuine 450k on the clock and with the stacks, she sounded blimmin' lovely!

20161106_103616.jpg

20161106_162243.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, smithy said:

Cant tell you exact place at moment my mate got one of the chaps business cards so can find out later on but phone no is on the tractor it was somewhere on a back road between WISBEACH and HOLBEACH  I will see my mate in next few days and get the address and come back to you   

Thanks, It looks tidy. Really on the lookout for a Ford 3 or 4000, if you happen to hear of any, know that Oakfields have a 3000

4 minutes ago, simong said:

Thanks, It looks tidy. Really on the lookout for a Ford 3 or 4000, if you happen to hear of any, know that Oakfields have a 3000

Ok will ask around the one in the picture was £3500 might be some room in the price the person that was selling it was not there when we was looking but a lady in the office said the price  

42 minutes ago, smithy said:

Ok will ask around the one in the picture was £3500 might be some room in the price the person that was selling it was not there when we was looking but a lady in the office said the price  

There was a tidy 3000 sold at a farm sale just up the road from us here in September, made £2900 I think. Looks very much like the oak fields one, but I wouldn't swear on it.

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Wind has picked up a bit but not that strong this morning was really sunny and warm I was loading up some wheat onto a couple of trailers , turned bit dull pm with a tiny bit of rain about 2ish but dry now but bit cold like you said bbc and Donald duck a good pairing 

yet the forcast i have just seen is deffo showing heavy rain and gales into tomorrow morning?? . got to love the beeb ;D;D

• Like 1

took the kids swimming this morn,then been concreting the dining room floor in where the stairs came out ,found the floor under the stairs which was a cupboard was a good 2 cm lower than the rest of the room,so i have had to shutter it up level and fill a lot bigger than the 1 m square area plus wall gap i thought i did , now got about 1 m square left that will have to be self leveled as concretes to thick to finish it off, so will do that when i do the new hall ways floor ,poss tuesday when shes out as it needs two hours to set. could have got the builders to do all this, but so far i am only 500 quid i to a saving of 6000 of their bill and have got a good 1250 quid of work done going by the broken down quote we had . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deere-est said:

Did one load down to Chard his morning and tipped apple pomace at Snowdon Energy's anaerobic digester, not a million miles from Frogmary Farm. .. which I'd only heard of since reading about it on here! Sundays we can fit a longer trip in while the cider mill cleaner their lines. It's been a bit slow the last few days as the evaporator isn't getting the water/steam out of the pressed juice fast enough so the presses are running at half speed. Just now, this old 143 450 came in genuine 450k on the clock and with the stacks, she sounded blimmin' lovely!

20161106_103616.jpg

20161106_162243.jpg

Did you meet mr Eames by any chance?

16 minutes ago, Deere-est said:

Is that the boss man? I only met one chap who was there unblocking the auger between the feeder and the digestion tank. A piece of wood was jammed in there.

Yes, Fred or Edward Eames. Small world, you delivering to the digester!

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Would have loved to have made it !! Nursing a hangover unfortunately !! :rolleyes: Make sure and take plenty pics Cyril ;)

You did not miss much not as many people at it and not many old britains forsale . 

• Like 1

and fireworks smithy  ;D;D ,

for me,been right at it today, new stud walls in between the bedrooms, and one of the twocremoved,all bagged ready to go to the tip tomorrow, and concreted in more of the floor to get it level , only a small area stocdo now,leaving tomorrow as a bit of sparky work and then a new ceiling up in the dining room and maybe time allowing the kitchen. also dropped the car down to the dealers as its had a programimg  issue  with the sport mode setting,causing it to rattle ,bit like the old ace of spades card pegged to your bike on the back wheel to get a motor bike noise, seems the injectors were not being fed enough juice ?? when you put your foot down, 

• Like 1

Ploughing and more ploughing bit of drilling and spraying but its all basically done for the moment just a few winter jobs to get on with now ,had a bit of time to help start to take this building down my mate should be taking his gas-axe up the weekend so it should all be down to ground level in a few days then a digger should be moving in to crush up the concrete and dig out the post bottoms and get site ready to start building a house  

20161114_121905.jpg

20161114_121814.jpg

20161114_121744.jpg

• Like 2

On 05/11/2016 at 9:52 PM, smithy said:

Cant tell you exact place at moment my mate got one of the chaps business cards so can find out later on but phone no is on the tractor it was somewhere on a back road between WISBEACH and HOLBEACH  I will see my mate in next few days and get the address and come back to you   

That wasn't at a place called Three Holes was it? Place is right on a sharp bend on the A1101 if it's the one I'm thinking of. 

• Like 1

On 7 November 2016 at 5:21 PM, smithy said:

As Saturday was National Tidy Your Farm Day I decided to join in had 3 bonfires throughout the day bit annoyed with myself I forgot to get some sparklers   

20161105_160412.jpg

20161105_154256.jpg

20161105_171314.jpg

You naughty boy smithy. Is that a spray can box I can see on the fire in the first picture. I do hope the tripple rinsed cans weren't in it. ;D

• Like 1

Posted out my first sale of my collection thin down today. Driving for a local saw mill tomorrow so yesterday and today have been my weekend. Smoke alarms up, co2 alarms up, 6 m2 of paving delivered and moved ready for laying, with another 4 m2 coming tomorrow. Hopefully get that down before Christmas. Best go and start a For Sale post on here now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

You naughty boy smithy. Is that a spray can box I can see on the fire in the first picture. I do hope the tripple rinsed cans weren't in it. ;D

No triple rinsed ones Chris, no need to wash them if you're going to burn them, saves time when filling, thought you'd have known that;D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gav836 said:

That wasn't at a place called Three Holes was it? Place is right on a sharp bend on the A1101 if it's the one I'm thinking of. 

Yes it was on a sharp bend the man that was selling it is a farmer/dealer Goody got his business card so will have a look we was a bit lost when we come across it