What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

16 hours ago, trigger82 said:

We have been working on the engine the last few week but got it into the tractor and running today .

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Good to see you have the engine laying on a Health and Safety approved table/workbench there Trigger its a bit like what I would do   

• Like 2

On 2 January 2017 at 3:48 PM, trigger82 said:

Well it not on table now it in tractor ... ha

Good luck with the BMC mini tractor in the back ground if the engines mess't with that it's and arm and both legs to put right as done one end of last year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mf135 said:

Good luck with the BMC mini tractor in the back ground if the engines mess't with that it's and arm and both legs to put right as done one end of last year!

No engine all good even do we bought it and man side it was sized .ha just need few bits for it. Do you know and one with parts ? 

21 hours ago, trigger82 said:

No engine all good even do we bought it and man side it was sized .ha just need few bits for it. Do you know and one with parts ? 

These little BMC Mini engines were a 900cc 16 horsepower Diesel version of the A series petrol Morris minor and mini engines. Mine has only done 1900hrs from new and the engine ware was unbelievable for low hours but it was a common fault and if you don't have good compression on these small engines starting can be a bit s**t ! Best place for parts is J Charnley, www.charnleys.com these guys are pretty good and got parts on the shelf as well as remake items like I said it's not cheap four piston ring sets are £90 to start with it cost me a £1k to rebuild the engine. But the tractor is so original it was worth doing.

image.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mf135 said:

These little BMC Mini engines were a 900cc 16 horsepower Diesel version of the A series petrol Morris minor and mini engines. Mine has only done 1900hrs from new and the engine ware was unbelievable for low hours but it was a common fault and if you don't have good compression on these small engines starting can be a bit s**t ! Best place for parts is J Charnley, www.charnleys.com these guys are pretty good and got parts on the shelf as well as remake items like I said it's not cheap four piston ring sets are £90 to start with it cost me a £1k to rebuild the engine. But the tractor is so original it was worth doing.

Yours is an early one as these were only built with the A series 950cc engine for the first 3 years before being replaced by the B series 1500cc engine. I had to look this up as I thought they came with a bigger engine and they did, eventually.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, super6 said:

Yours is an early one as these were only built with the A series 950cc engine for the first 3 years before being replaced by the B series 1500cc engine. I had to look this up as I thought they came with a bigger engine and they did, eventually.

Yep meant 950cc and yes it's early November 1966 didn't make many that year  as mine is low 200's serial number. The 1500cc engine went in to the Nuffield 4/25.

• Like 1

A week for the saw mill this week just running timber to Keynsham where there is a tanalising plant and back loading treated timber. Next week, I'm on for Crofts again and as far as I know, running micanthus straw up to Scunthorpe power station and back loading wheat straw to customers around Somerset. So expect photos!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I posted some pictures of a shed/site we was clearing before and after Christmas ,well we have finished the demolition rubble all in one heap apart from the big-lumps that need a pecker to break up site is levelled up as best as we can at moment might have a crusher in this week  

20170107_103224.jpg

20170107_103136.jpg

• Like 2

No power station photos I'm afraid as cameras and phones are prohibited. Smart operation though. Lorries have to be loaded a certain way, which is bales in line with the lorry bed, three high, 12 on a layer and no more than 36. Artic or lorry and drag doesn't matter. A gantry crane comes down from overhead and grips an entire layer by either side, lifts it, weighs it and takes the moisture level then disappears down the big shed and stacks them the other side of a large, steel mesh fence while you enter details into a touch screen and roll up your straps. So I was loading near Warminster in Wiltshire, tipping at the power station just outside Brigg. The reloading Hesston again but wheat for the return journey. The first and third loads to Devon/Somerset border for veg cover and the second load to a customer who grinds it up for feed ration.

Here's some photos, anyway.

20170110_151007.jpg

20170110_123608.jpg

20170110_123404.jpg

20170110_123443.jpg

20170110_123159.jpg

20170110_123209.jpg

• Like 2

And a couple of meals cooked on the little gas hob I have with me if I'm away for a couple of nights. Got to eat well and keep it healthy!

Salmon with stir fry veg which was cooked in white wine vinegar and soy sauce and a rump steak with asparagus, boiled spuds and tomatoes.

I'll post this week's photos later, been a varied but slightly quieter compared to last week's trunking north to Brigg and back every day. Next week Im back on micanthus to Brigg again.

20170109_220643.jpg

20170110_191121.jpg

• Like 5

She's a cracking motor, James. I'd like to do a model of her really but time isn't on my side any more really. Under 600 genuine KMs on the clock, it was bought second hand with just over 200k on the clock. I forget how long it's been with the Crofts but although not a front line truck, she earns her keep. Oh and the 480 badge is original but the horsepower produced, isn't ;)

As for a cab cookery show, if I had my own truck full time and all the kit, I'd definitely give it a go but it has been done by Luke Vernon on his lorry-driver.com website. A lot of people now have slow cookers in their cabs these days and some of the food on the Facebook pages look bloody amazing!

• Like 4

Last week's round up. 

Monday I had off as the job was cancelled and as I worked Saturday past, I used Monday to reset my driving hours.

Tuesday was an empty run up to Newtown in Powys to pick up 3CX and then down to Neath for a little New Holland. Wednesday morning I unloaded these at a customers yard and then collected 96 D4000 bales of hay for the yard, then took a loaded flat to another customer to unload which had come down from Castle Bromwich Land Rover plant. Thursday another empty run up to Hixton in Staffs to collect an accident damaged Hino for another customer and Friday, in the rigid up to the site at Castle Bromwich to pick up some stuff from the new multi-storey car park site.

20170118_070249.jpg

20170118_113552.jpg

20170119_101413.jpg

20170119_144936.jpg

20170118_145057.jpg

• Like 7