What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

8 hours ago, JEP said:

Nice pictures there Mr Smith.

TX looking good as ever!

The Massey looks clean, how did you find tv screen? Could you get it tuned in? ;)

yes in the end I did ,found out the top red one stops the alarms as well as putting up the menu ,been on it again today started at about 3ish due to showers this morning but evening was sunny so kept cutting till 11pm

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

So smithy, two machines of similar age and size , honest opinions , which do you prefer, without all that agro trying to use a different machine settings etc  

The m/f has more space in the cab and the view from cab looking at cutter-bar is lot better than my TX , the sieves on the mf are harder to get to than the TX .I am used to 3 levers in my right hand to control the TX so found the joystick on the mf a bit awkward to start with but after driving it again today my thumb has got the hang of pushing the buttons at the same time as the hand pushing /pulling the joystick . I travel at a faster speed with my TX with a 17 feet table but its 20feet on the mf so its properly the same in the end . The M/F is nice to drive but I would go for a N/H  myself .   

• Like 1

Spent the 3rd day driving my mates combine ,I have finished his winter barley tonight and got combine back to his yard he is pleased that it is done and he is feeling a lot better in himself as the bug/virus that he is suffering with is slowly going ,hopefully he will be able to cut his own wheat   

• Like 4

The original legs on are pluton are a one piece item ,foot is welded to leg so once foot is worn you have to replace the hole lot or cut it of and weld on new foot ,not a problem but takes time ,so we got a company to make up the leg bit which is also a bit thicker steel but at the bottom it is made to take a Sumo point which is held on with one bolt ,don't know how long the point will last before it needs changing but we are hoping the legs will last a lot longer  

IMG_20190809_154554.jpg

IMG_20190809_154634.jpg

IMG_20190809_154750.jpg

IMG_20190809_154740.jpg

IMG_20190809_154701.jpg

IMG_20190809_154803.jpg

• Like 3

Back to work after my long weekend , to find no van, was in yesterday for a service , 1 day booking ,  things still  sat up on the ramp with bits hanging off , so doubled up with someone else , amazing the things you see as a passenger that  you never notice  when driving 

• Like 3

about 2 ton of decent topsoil dug out as i start the new shed, down about 3/4 of a meter so far, prob another ton of decent soil to go thats worth keeping, then its more clay like , decided now its prob easier with a mini digger , so need to sort a few bits out ready and i can get it all dug out 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Restore or leave as is Ted? 

Not too sure really, it's all working so just cosmetic stuff , it would be nice to restore it. It's my first real tractor so it a learning curve, my main objective is to get it on the road and take it to some working days etc...

• Like 1

very nice, personally it looks mostly surface, and not major panel rust, so given its originality, i would leave, new seat cushion , repaint the number plate, but its to good a farm finish in a way ,bit like someones i know whos got one, sometimes originality is better than show finish  

• Like 1

for me just of swimming with the kids, but picked another 4 dump bags up for the shed work, after a. nights pondering, i have gone back to plan a , i am digging it out by hand, the cost of a digger is nearly what the materials for the base and retaining walls will cost , and i have time, even if it takes me 3 weekends and days off to do, i am not in a major rush after-all, as the old sheds still up, and shes on about a new tv anyway(well i am but shes doesn't know it yet) for xmas between us 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

very nice, personally it looks mostly surface, and not major panel rust, so given its originality, i would leave, new seat cushion , repaint the number plate, but its to good a farm finish in a way ,bit like someones i know whos got one, sometimes originality is better than show finish  

At least your not digging through chalk with solid flint bits haha

yes it's fine structurally apart from a few patches on the fenders. I do like the idea of keeping it as is maybe I will use a clear metal protector. It's a P3 so it might be better to keep it all original as there doesn't seem to be many untouched nowdays :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Nice Massey Ted. She looks very straight, is it an island one? 

Unfortunately it's not, been trying to find out what the plate is but we think it's from Cambridge or Suffolk but it's spent most of its life on the island. I'm going to phone the people james suggested and see what the reg was

Edited by Ferret90

I sold most of my old Grimme potato harvester last year for spares but I kept this frame which was the canopy over the top of the workers on the picking of table as I thought its a good start to making a shed ,any way my mate see it up mine last week and asked if he could buy it as it was just about right to put his topping mower in and the hayturner I had previously given him 4wooden post in the ground clamp this to them cover in tin that he has got instant shed I delivered it for him a couple of days ago

IMG_20190814_161146.jpg

IMG_20190814_161157.jpg

• Like 8