What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

One of the lorries leaving farm loaded with winter barley ,we had filled this bay and took 2 loads out and refilled and then had to tip up corner where wheat normally go but had another lorry in and cleared most of that so time to get broom out and tidy up that corner 

20230811_141413.jpg

20230812_104930.jpg

20230812_104957.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, smithy said:

This was last week ,could not get combine to top as just dug in ,had to go across slope to get back to top and cut a section all downhill 

20230810_124724.jpg

20230810_124729.jpg

I thought you might have a bit better weather than what we have here in the north west Smithy, but it looks very similar a bit moist 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jmd said:

I thought you might have a bit better weather than what we have here in the north west Smithy, but it looks very similar a bit moist 

This last 4 or 5 weeks we have 2 dry days then a wet day , back on Friday July 14th it rained all day 20mm in total and stayed wet that weekend then Saturday 5th August we had 44mm which really made the ground soft and then these little showers like we had yesterday just add to it  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Good to see that you been able to get on a bit Smithy... But like John says you've similar weather to us of late..... 

Supposed to be dry here till about 3pm this coming Friday , hope to make a start around 11ish this morning , got a mate on standby to help out on trailers   

• Like 4

I cut a 1 acre field for a friend ,he feeds the wheat to his chickens ,he normally gets his Nuffield out with a water tank on a trailer for me to empty into but he not been well for a time so i got my major and weeks trailer out ,i can run it down to him at a later date 

20230816_181729.jpg

20230816_181656.jpg

• Like 6