What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Went to the Silchester charity tractor run this evening. We would have participated if we'd known it was on, only found out yesterday and no trace on any of the (very limited) advertising of a contact for the organisers to see if joining in was possible.

The fact that the end meeting venue was charging £12 (no, not a misprint - twelve!) for just a burger was a straightforward ripoff. I hope some of that goes back to the charities.

Rant over..

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just listening to it , with radio on it sounds noisy,it's not that bad in cab phone picks up everything. Yes McCormick runs good,on the tougher bits it barks out ,got a friend that's about mile away and he say he can hear me when I am on these fields 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

We have a blue & white re painted Challenger 765C pulling a land scraper or similar on the job next door at Kings Lynn, now nothing barks louder than  one of those things!

Especially with a bit of pull on 

When I parked up with McCormick at 7-30pm on Thursday night all seemed ok but when I got to it at 7am Friday morning rear wheel was completely flat ,had left tractor out on field as wheels was really muddy, anyway managed to blow it up and move it onto solid ground and dropped plough of and got it to Steam cleaner shed gave that wheel a wash and found a stone that had gone through, anyway one call and man in a van turned up ,all fixed so got back ploughing by 11ish and got field all done 

IMG_20240112_103007183.jpg

IMG_20240112_105120872_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Today I think I been wasting my time but I have redrilled a headland of wheat ,it's very very wet marker arms just balled up of mud and drill wheels was getting bigger with mud , anyway I have tried will see if it grows this time, middle of field is growing. 

IMG_20240113_123213162_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240113_123229357_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240113_123237956_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Reported as 22,000+ people though the doors on first day , not many models about allow JCB did have a few and clothing, I asked on the Massey stand and valtra stand and they said they don't bring fan shop anymore as you can buy online from fan shop ,I said yes that's right but you have to add postage so ends up dearer and stand a chance of getting broken or lost , McCormick did not have any as well 🙁

15 hours ago, smithy said:

Reported as 22,000+ people though the doors on first day , not many models about allow JCB did have a few and clothing, I asked on the Massey stand and valtra stand and they said they don't bring fan shop anymore as you can buy online from fan shop ,I said yes that's right but you have to add postage so ends up dearer and stand a chance of getting broken or lost , McCormick did not have any as well 🙁

Looked a good show, I  know a mate that bought a krone 1290 baler on the Wednesday (1/32)

Edited by Jack390
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Looked a good show, I  know a mate that bought a krone 1290 baler on the Wednesday (1/32)

Yes it is a good show,I did not go on the Krone stand till late on Thursday, never saw any models just clothing and hats probably sold out .

• Like 1