What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Just tried having a early pint in church when the pub phone went my mates scokets in his kitchen were triping out so had to go to his place and look at them dishwasher at fault  >:( >:(>:( >:( went across his yard to the workshop and  seen his restored MF135 which he's just had done in the shed it even made ME stop in my tracks gotta be the tidest 135 i think i've ever see but the idiot had just spent ?5500 on it  :o :o ::) ::)

Just tried having a early pint in church when the pub phone went my mates scokets in his kitchen were triping out so had to go to his place and look at them dishwasher at fault  >:( >:(>:( >:( went across his yard to the workshop and  seen his restored MF135 which he's just had done in the shed it even made ME stop in my tracks gotta be the tidest 135 i think i've ever see but the idiot had just spent ?5500 on it  :o :o ::) ::)

Well get the pics up then Reverend  :o :o :o

Did your friend spend his money on parts, or was that parts and labour? It is a lot of money to spend on a restoration, but if it's been done properly then it should last for a very long time without deteriorating; unlike what I call a refurbishment type restoration. In one of the classic tractor magazines recently; there was a fully restored 135 sold for about eight and a half grand at auction, so maybe he isn't totally off his trolley. The better the restoration; the more it's potentially worth.

No doubt soon there will be a backlash in restored tractors like there was in the mid eighties with classic cars, and in particular Jaguars. At the time; the sixties Jags started to fetch silly money when they were restored, and all of a sudden there were a lot of "Tarted up" and poorly restored cars on the market for the asking price of the top restorations. The next argument that arose was whether the car was totally original and had ALL the original parts and panels. All the bickering led to a substantial drop in values, with only the really genuine ones holding their price.

It amazes me when you look at pictures in the adverts for "Classic" tractors. Initially they look quite smart and you think "That doesn't look bad for the money"; and then when you look a little closer at the picture, there are all sorts of "Give aways" that tell you that the owner has made it look more visually appealing by painting over all the rust with often the wrong shade of paint to get top money for what we call down here, an "Old shi**er". The most annoying thing for me is the claim that a tractor is very original, and it's immediately obvious that it's got the wrong wheels on it, Fords and Fordsons in particular.

I just wish that people weren't so greedy, as there are many people like myself who would love to own a tractor to restore (Given the time and money) and use; who see our chances drifting away as prices rise beyond the reach of the average working man. Such is life.  :-\ :(;)

I aint done nuffink yet.

Been wasting time writing replies on here when I should be doing things around the house. Well you know what it's like, me an ol' powerrabbit are men of many words. I reckon we must have been educated around the same time; in the days when we had to write a comprehensive reply to a question or statement, so the reader fully understood our point of view. One word answers and one line comments don't do it for me an' ol' PR  ;):D

Er............have I killed this topic...........or just seriously injured it. Thinking about retiring when I get to a thousand posts, not long to go. ;):D

I aint done nuffink yet.

Been wasting time writing replies on here when I should be doing things around the house. Well you know what it's like, me an ol' powerrabbit are men of many words. I reckon we must have been educated around the same time; in the days when we had to write a comprehensive reply to a question or statement, so the reader fully understood our point of view. One word answers and one line comments don't do it for me an' ol' PR  ;):D

Er............have I killed this topic...........or just seriously injured it. Thinking about retiring when I get to a thousand posts, not long to go. ;):D

well BW i did actually write a good comprehensive reply to this post before blue power posted his but my knee was rested against the pc on off button & shut my pc down before i posted my reply  >:(

so all i have to say is don't retire mate it's great bumbling through yer ramblings  :)

I aint done nuffink yet.

You just flipping try it mister... Me and the lads will be around to sort you 'art  >:(

RE: the restoration thing... I agree with you entirely William as well... I was looking at a "good honest 240" the other day... it had done JUST 3000 hours... but the company had performed a pretty poor "restoration" on her... they had pained all the tinwork... fitted the wrong new stickers... painted the engine and transmition the wrong colour.. and then retrofitted power steering (which they left in black)... they left a few give away signs of what she was like underneath the shiny new paint - pitting on the front - a totally rusted pair of check chains... plates joining the wrong wings to the footplate  ::) - How much... oh it's only ?5500  :o

Bloody hell... I hope this long post thing isn't catching  :o :o :o

Did your friend spend his money on parts, or was that parts and labour? It is a lot of money to spend on a restoration, but if it's been done properly then it should last for a very long time without deteriorating; unlike what I call a refurbishment type restoration. In one of the classic tractor magazines recently; there was a fully restored 135 sold for about eight and a half grand at auction, so maybe he isn't totally off his trolley. The better the restoration; the more it's potentially worth.

No doubt soon there will be a backlash in restored tractors like there was in the mid eighties with classic cars, and in particular Jaguars. At the time; the sixties Jags started to fetch silly money when they were restored, and all of a sudden there were a lot of "Tarted up" and poorly restored cars on the market for the asking price of the top restorations. The next argument that arose was whether the car was totally original and had ALL the original parts and panels. All the bickering led to a substantial drop in values, with only the really genuine ones holding their price.

It amazes me when you look at pictures in the adverts for "Classic" tractors. Initially they look quite smart and you think "That doesn't look bad for the money"; and then when you look a little closer at the picture, there are all sorts of "Give aways" that tell you that the owner has made it look more visually appealing by painting over all the rust with often the wrong shade of paint to get top money for what we call down here, an "Old shi**er". The most annoying thing for me is the claim that a tractor is very original, and it's immediately obvious that it's got the wrong wheels on it, Fords and Fordsons in particular.

I just wish that people weren't so greedy, as there are many people like myself who would love to own a tractor to restore (Given the time and money) and use; who see our chances drifting away as prices rise beyond the reach of the average working man. Such is life.  :-\ :(;)

Parts and labour but he brought 4 new tyres as well separate from that price but is had a new canvass cab been stripped right down and it does look a real showpiece of a tractor hes gonna get a container cover it over and then put it under lock and key the funniest thing is hes a john deere man  :D :D :D :D

I've only just got into the office, having arrived home at 2am :-[

And hardly drunk anything... but learnt some very important lessons:

1. NEVER try to jive in a straight skirt and four-inch heels :-[

2. Don't assume that 20 years on that the young farmers contingent have grown out of flinging themselves about to the Wurzels' Combine Harvester - my advice... get off the dance floor IMMEDIATELY if you value your feet at all :D

3. If you have a sensitive disposition, look away when the hunt groom produces bread rolls from her bra :-[

4. Make sure you get your share of after-dinner mints... these hunt lot don't like to share :)

5. If you're gonna spend 4 hours on the dance floor adopt London Marathon style training techniques several weeks before hand if you want to be able to move the next day ::)

Apart from that... had a fantastic time and met some wonderful people :-*

I've only just got into the office, having arrived home at 2am :-[

And hardly drunk anything... but learnt some very important lessons:

1. NEVER try to jive in a straight skirt and four-inch heels :-[

2. Don't assume that 20 years on that the young farmers contingent have grown out of flinging themselves about to the Wurzels' Combine Harvester - my advice... get off the dance floor IMMEDIATELY if you value your feet at all :D

3. If you have a sensitive disposition, look away when the hunt groom produces bread rolls from her bra :-[

4. Make sure you get your share of after-dinner mints... these hunt lot don't like to share :)

5. If you're gonna spend 4 hours on the dance floor adopt London Marathon style training techniques several weeks before hand if you want to be able to move the next day ::)

Apart from that... had a fantastic time and met some wonderful people :-*

:D :D :D :D - sounds like you had a good time Mandy.... you don't happen to have the hunt groom's phone number do you... she sounds like a real gas  :D :D :D